Page 1 of 2
Just got this month's copy of Rolling Stone, and lo and behold, There was a short shout-out to UG in the Downloads section. This is what it said:

"With thousands of artists in its library, this free user-generated site houses one of the most comprehensive collections of tablature, the common form of musical notation for guitar. Choose from favorites like the solo in Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" or something more obscure, such as "Ciao L.A." from the Nineties indie-rock band Chokebore. Since contributions are made by amateurs, the quality is mixed: to compensate, users' star ratings tell you which tabs are the best"

I laughed at the part about tablature being the most common form of musical notation But they called us amateurs

Also, I seriously thought they would have at least mentioned the top-quality forums we got here, including the always helpful, delightfully intellectual Pit.
Last edited by thewho65 at Mar 8, 2008,
We've made it into Rolling Stone? For reals?

That's awesome.

Edit: I must buy this issue to see it for myself.
Last edited by C O B H C at Mar 8, 2008,
Haha get in!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
alright!
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Hmm, very cool. I thought you meant they mentioned the pit, though, when you said "UG". I need to get out more...
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
No mention of The Mighty Pit?

*adds Rolling Stone magazine to The List*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
kill rolling stone!!! how dare they call UG amateurs!!!!!!

jk, but kul, were in a magazine!!! next, tv shows, public appearances, all the adoring fans!!!
They should have an article specifically about me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Still awesome none the less

WE R FAMUS!!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
UG in Rolling Stone? I didn't think we sucked that bad......
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I can see it now. Headline: "Jack Off Jill, number of sigs just keep rising..."
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
they could have at least mentioned the great help and goodies to be found in the forums. who the hell even uses UG for tablature anyways?
i think this is awesome for reals
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
Quote by thewho65
Just got this month's copy of Rolling Stone, and lo and behold, There was a short shout-out to UG in the Downloads section. This is what it said:

"With thousands of artists in its library, this free user-generated site houses one of the most comprehensive collections of tablature, the common form of musical notation for guitar. Choose from favorites like the solo in Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" or something more obscure, such as "Ciao L.A." from the Nineties indie-rock band Chokebore. Since contributions are made by amateurs, the quality is mixed: to compensate, users' star ratings tell you which tabs are the best"

I laughed at the part about tablature being the most common form of musical notation But they called us amateurs

for guitar

I'm sure more people use tab more than standard notation to write down music for guitar.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Of a top UG users list in Rolling Stone, you would be #1.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by nosushi4you
I can see it now. Headline: "Jack Off Jill, number of sigs just keep rising..."

Nah, it wouldn't be about that. It'd be like..

"Jack Off Jill: Hot or Not?"

This month on Ultimate-Guitar.com the users have decided JOJ isn't as bad as they thought he was. Mostly they hated him because he changed his avatar, but now he's got that classic Tom Waits, the users are beginning to warm up to him again. Anyway, let me tell you guys about a Mario story I recently read..."
Quote by Alter-Bridge

That was a very sneaky insult.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

You missed the part about how "Gallagher2006 is teh bestest on the community side of things!1!1Lolz!!!1!"

Self flattery makes my pathetic life hurt less
Quote by Jack Off Jill

They should rename the magazine.

Rolling Jack Off Jill.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

wow, does your mouth taste of ass or what?
i say we sue them !

well show them how amateurs we are
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by skagitup

You haven't read many Rolling Stone lists have you?

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Awesome.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by skagitup

It wasn't a compliment. Rolling Stone is known for bad lists.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by thewho65

Also, I seriously thought they would have at least mentioned the top-quality forums we got here, including the always helpful, delightfully intellectual Pit.

An amateur is someone who doesn't do something professionally, so they are right.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
You haven't read many Rolling Stone lists have you?

Yes, I have. All of them are highly accurate.

Oh, balls.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Sod that, they should have a tv show.

I could be one of the people who gets interviewed, but is all in shadow.

"Well, we collaborated a few times, but he just partied too hard man! He was ****ing crazy, grabbing these people and yelling at them, y'know? I had to get away from it all, so I cut off all contact with him and moved to the bands and artists section."
which issue of rolling stone? the one with jack johnson on the cover or is there a new one?
Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possibility.

This will linger.
xxx
I can't find it in the downloads section in mine. Where is it?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Minkaro
Sod that, they should have a tv show.

I could be one of the people who gets interviewed, but is all in shadow.

"Well, we collaborated a few times, but he just partied too hard man! He was ****ing crazy, grabbing these people and yelling at them, y'know? I had to get away from it all, so I cut off all contact with him and moved to the bands and artists section."

I would just follow you there, without Minky the Pit is only 1/4 cool.

Seriously, though.. If I'm ever famous, I demand UGers be on my episode of "Behind the Music."
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Masonpwiley
An amateur is someone who doesn't do something professionally, so they are right.

I remember ages ago when we actually thought Jack White was somewhere on these forums

EDIT: Still waiting for that list of Top Users, RS
Quote by floppypick
Still awesome none the less

WE R FAMUS!!

you arent.. ug is
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Is it sad that this is the most exciting thing that's happened to me today?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Blash
Theres a new one with Barack Obama on the cover.

yeah go barack go barack! bros before hoes!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Page 1 of 2