i know this is a guitarist forums but i figured someone may know what to use when cleaning cymbals to remove marks from sticks and give a shine back without stealing the the vibration and sound of the cymbal
they make cymbal cleaner bro, and thats what its for getting rid of stick marks and restoring shine go to your local drum/guitar shop.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by Opethfan1
they make cymbal cleaner bro, and thats what its for getting rid of stick marks and restoring shine go to your local drum/guitar shop.

from what ive heard (havnt checked yet) but that stuff can be quite pricey. looking for a cheaper alternative and something i can buy in bulk and do every month if not sooner.
Brasso is the best stuff to use imo, you have to do a lot of scrubbing but you can get them back to being as shiny or shinier than they were before.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Dog454
Brasso is the best stuff to use imo, you have to do a lot of scrubbing but you can get them back to being as shiny or shinier than they were before.

sweet ill look into it... where generally can i pick i up?
This is a musicians forum...take your drum questions elsewhere...

jp...IDK
EDIT
I would think you could get it at any hardware store...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
This is a musicians forum...take your drum questions elsewhere...

jp...IDK
EDIT
I would think you could get it at any hardware store...

lol i get that alot..

im a bassist also tho
Quote by sofa.king
lol i get that alot..

im a bassist also tho

lol, it's ok...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
if the cymball has laquar on it, dont use brasso... brassos a very mild abrasive, it will rub off the laquar, which is a quick fix, but it will soon oxidise up.

Honest, meths is your best soultion, or even cilit bang!

I cleaned my zildjian avedis with brasso and a piece of carpet and alot of time. Worth the work though, birlliant sound when they ge a little duller after a couple of months.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by sofa.king
from what ive heard (havnt checked yet) but that stuff can be quite pricey. looking for a cheaper alternative and something i can buy in bulk and do every month if not sooner.

dude its like $10 for a spray bottle of it.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!