How hard are they to maintain? I've decided My next guitar is gonna be a Jackson RR1. I thought about the RR5 since I think the finish looks the best out of all the RR series, but I wanted a guitar with a tremelo, plus the ebony fretboard, binding, and the OFR really make me want to go with the RR1. Anyway, this will be my first guitar with a tremelo. I've been playing for awhile and have had experience with alot of guitars, but to be honest I've never really played a high quality tremelo. I've heard that tremelos are a huge bitch to handle (changing strings, tuning them, you know what I mean). What I'm asking is, how hard will a high quality tremelo be to maintain? Are they easier to tune, easier to change strings with comparaed to a lower quiality tremelo, do they stay in tune noticeably better than others? I know alot of these seem pretty obvious, but like i said, this would be my first guitar with a real tremelo system, and the RR1 is alot of money so I want to make sure.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
shouldn't be a major problem as long as (a) you know what you're doing (it's not rocket science, especially when you get used to it), (b) actually are going to use the trem a reasonable amount and (c) don't change tunings a lot.

An OFR is a lot better than the crap cheapo licensed ones. there are some good licensed ones, though (e.g. gotoh, schaller).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have an RR1
and another guitar with a OFR
and the OFR is pretty easy to maintain
once you understand about balancing the springs and the strings
it stays in tune perfectly, its fairly smooth
ive changed the strings and set up my friends guitar, and it has a LFR and i can change the strings on my guitars in about half the time i can change the strings on his
it stays in tune a lot better and everything
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
in my experience with LFR is that after u do a dive it doesn't tend to go back to the original position. like it would be slightly flat and i would have to kinda dip the bar for it to go back. go with the OFR. i have a Jackson with a LFR and i want to put a real thing on but it's a real pain in the ass to do. go with the real deal so you don't have to worry about cutting your guitar to put in a OFR in the future the trem become apart of your playing. unless you getting an Ibanez, which is the only other floating trem that's stable beside the real ****. on the side note, OFR is a lot easier to balance out and set up and everything than a LFR.
OFR are sweet

dont listen to ppl that whine and complain about how they hate them because there just noobs that dont want to figure out anything on there own

i thought i was gonna have problems when i got my hellraiser but its simple to adjust and everything
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by The_Last_J
in my experience with LFR is that after u do a dive it doesn't tend to go back to the original position. like it would be slightly flat and i would have to kinda dip the bar for it to go back. go with the OFR. i have a Jackson with a LFR and i want to put a real thing on but it's a real pain in the ass to do. go with the real deal so you don't have to worry about cutting your guitar to put in a OFR in the future the trem become apart of your playing. unless you getting an Ibanez, which is the only other floating trem that's stable beside the real ****. on the side note, OFR is a lot easier to balance out and set up and everything than a LFR.

schallers and gotohs are good too (though gotoh make the good ibanez ones, and schaller also make the OFRs, lol).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?