Hey guys, After trying out an AC15 with with just a bit of kick (real bluesy..not too much gain) and coming home with my mind set on buying it..i started thinking

I play a blues/rock with my band, and was wondering if this amp can get zeppelin distortion?
I think Page used an AC30 a few times throughout his career, so an Ac15 should defeniatly get there
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
well, this might be to obvious because i would guess you probably have guessed this, but get something vintage marshall sounding. i hear orange has some great ones.
Quote by chea_man
well, this might be to obvious because i would guess you probably have guessed this, but get something vintage marshall sounding. i hear orange has some great ones.

uh...
an orange tube amp is double the price of the ac15.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
uh...
an orange tube amp is double the price of the ac15.

oh haha sorry i didnt realize
Not to be a dick but zeppelin distortion is a little vague. Do you want something like the early tones from I or II, early live tones, his Marshall tone, etc... ?
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Mar 8, 2008,
Unless it's a Tiny Terror, which would be roughly the same price as the AC15.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
It should be pretty good for what you want. Pair it up with a Tonebender and
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Not to be a dick but zeppelin distortion is a little vague. You want something like the early tones from I or II, early live tones, his Marshall tone, etc...

your right..

The tone i definitely like the most is the early stuff....If any of u have seen the Led Zeppelin DVD, im talking about like the stuff from the 69' black n white performances, with his telecaster. Also the sound from Royal Albert Hall, a great example is we're gonna groove, I can't quit u baby, come on everybody...pretty much the whole show.

so yeah can it nail that?
You'll need a Tonebender for the Danmarks, the amp alone won't cut it for that. For RAH, a good Tonebender can cop that tone fairly well
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Mar 16, 2008,
BYOC makes a clone of the Tonebender pedal, which you can either build yourself or order a pre-made unit.

http://buildyourownclone.com/tonebender.html

I don't think the Tonebender is made anymore, so it's your best bet.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
^+1

or if you want to spend a little more, get the Throbak Stone Bender. Not an exact clone but more of take on Page's which was modified
I'm not really familiar with this "Tonebender"
Someone care to explain?
It's a fuzz pedal. Page picked one up during his Yardbird days and used it during the early years of Led Zeppelin as well. It can be heard on the first album, You Shook Me, How Many More Times and Dazed and Confused. He used it live until '71, after mid '69 though it really wasn't used that consistently, but still seen use. He also had a MKIII (3 knob Tonebender) which seen some use in '69. The MKII is the one you'll be after though for those tones.

If you watch the Danmarks Radio performance, the black and white footage you mentioned, you'll see the pedal beside his wah with the white tape, that's it right there.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Mar 16, 2008,
i see..so the tonebender has been discontinued..?
so whats a good alternative?
id suggest a used peavey classic 30.
and i havent played it (yet) but ive heard the traynor ycv50 blue is marshallesque. it might be my next amp.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by Whole Lotta Led
The Throbak Stone Bender is about $190 I think, will get the tones your after easily. http://gundrymedia.typepad.com/throbak_electronics/2005/02/stone_bender_mk.html

the BYOC Tonebender as Wulver mentioned is another good alternative. You can either buy the kit and build it yourself or get them prebuilt.

If you got a little extra cash get the Stone Bender.

Well the Stone Bender is a bit pricey..so i think the BYOC Tonebender might be a good option.

I've been looking at the link you posted,but i don't see where i can buy it prebuilt..
Can you help me out?