Hey all. I'm gettin into guitar now and i'm looking to replace my crappy Hamer. I've got a mid range budget...and i've narrowed it down to two choices and i'm torn between the 2. I'm looking for the better metal/hard rock guitar.

Either
A Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR or an Ibanez RGT42DX
I've had the pleasure of playing the Ibanez at my local guitar center and it sounded decent (though everywhere i've read reviews ppl say they change the pick ups)

I haven't played the C1 at all. But it comes with EMGs. Otherwise i don't know much about it...

so yea...pls help me!!! XD tnx in advance
RGT
put EMGS in it

there you go, best of both
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
hm, well the ibanez plays better, but the pickups are fantastic on the schecter, and has an original floyd rose, so you wont have to replace the pickups if you go schecter

but its just a matter of opinion
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
amp?

styles?

budget?

also, EMGs arent the be all and end all
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of EMG's either. It's like the have scooped mids even with the amps mids all the way. Anyway I would go for the Schecter but thats just me. Go try one out I think you'll probably like it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with Floyd Rose, plays like a dream, is lightweight and pickups sound FANTASIC.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Plays amazingly, sounds incredible for most forms of rock, especially metal, and the biggest thing IMO that it has over the Ibanez is looks. Everything else is comprable or you can at least make small changes to make it so. But the Schecter is a work of art, and the Ibanez bores me. To me, looks are very important. I'm not going to be motivated to play something that's horrible to look at anywhere near as much as I am to play a beautiful guitar.

Obviously, I'm biased... I don't have the FR version but still.

Also, unless you are going to be dive bombing a lot and everything, you may not want the FR. It's a bitch to tune to different tunings, and unless you limit yourself to playing songs that are all in the same tuning, you'll regret getting the FR version.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.