I have a Washburn LPSC07 guitar and its autographed by Paul Stanley the autograph is in sharpie and its on the pick guard how would i protect it from wearing off?? please help me out!!
thats tough man, id maybe just collect it and not play it.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
clear coat?

not entirely sure though
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
well it hasn't come off yet but im afraid it will and i think it would come off if i put a clear coat on it because its only sharpie
Glass Case...?

Seriously, I wouldn't play it. However, I do believe a good clear coat would work. And I do mean GOOD, as some clear coats can yellow after a while. Still, I wouldn't put clear coat or anything else on it, nor would I play it.
If this were my only axe, I would get another pickguard and showcase the one with the autograph.

Chris
well its a good guitar and i do like to play it so glass case is out of the question for now and i dont know how to take the pick guard off
That's like playing with a baseball signed by Babe Ruth! Wait... damn you Sandlot!
Just carefully (if you have a steady hand, if not have someone who does do it) go over it again with a Sharpie, it will fill it in better, and get rid of the smears, and will look like new again.

I got my strat autographed by tom delonge and it started to fade but i carefully re-went over it and now it looks like he just autographed it.
If you really give a Shizt about the autograph then don't play the guitar.....

I have the same guitar, I got it last year, and this is what got me to wanting to play, so I played it, and yes I rubbed of half the name. I should have just show cases the guitar, but It was a "Lyon" Washburn, not that great of a guitar. If this is your first guitar and you want to play, then take a chance, otherwise I would suggest getting another guitar

Like one of the other suggestion stated, use a clear coat, don't take the pick guard off "It's part of the guitar", and if it were to appriciate in value the pick guard should not be tampered with.

By the way what numer do you have.... Mine is 1392 out of 7000

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Sorry , just noticed you had a different model...... Is your a "lyon" brand by Washburn?

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Quote by majorpain1023
Like one of the other suggestion stated, use a clear coat, don't take the pick guard off "It's part of the guitar", and if it were to appriciate in value the pick guard should not be tampered with.

By the way what numer do you have.... Mine is 1392 out of 7000

Actually, if he is going to play the guitar and the value of the guitar is a concern. He should take off the pickguard. The guitar would be more valuable with the original pickguard completely unscratched. The guitar isn't going to become hideously devalued because you unscrewed the pickguard and temporarily replaced it and put it back if you were going to sell it.
you cant remove the pickguard though its part of the guitar there is no way to remove it