Heres the story. It was my sisters 18th birthday party last night, and because my mother was so busy actually organising food etc, i was basically able to drink as much as i liked. I don't really like getting trashed, so i didn't, but i had a fair bit of vodka, just straight out of the bottle, so i can't tell you how much i had exactly but probably 2 full mouthfuls would do it (so about 7 or 8 shots approx. And then some other smirnoff etc.)

Then came the birthday cake. Chocolate royale birthday cake, and i was so pumped for it (i love cake) and then when i finally had it, i couldn't taste it Even now, i can't really taste much. We have ice cream cakes left over, and this really nice chinese crispy noodle salad that is really tasty but to me, tastes burnt which is really odd because it requires no cooking.

So do my tastebuds just not work? Is it because of vodka specifically or alcohol in general? Will it go away?
It doesn't really bother me, but its weirding me out a bit.
Alcohol has - in my experince - a tendency to make flavour dissapear, atleast slightly. It'll come back. It always come back...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
vodka straight out of the bottle? wuss. Try some rather expensive, rather old scotch that your mate got from his grandad.

Anyways, alcohol won't kill your tastebuds.

I lost my sense of taste once. A nerve got severed when I was having an ear operation (the nerve that does taste runs up past the ear). If mine came back from that, yours will.
Quote by Kensai
Alcohol has - in my experince - a tendency to make flavour dissapear, atleast slightly. It'll come back. It always come back...

I don't think you understand, kensai. It's just gone, i knew i was chewing something, but i couldn't taste that something.
Taste buds grow back. If you can't take in about a week, see a doctor.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Kensai

The way I see it, on some nights when you get some food, it tastes better than ever.

But I don't know.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I don't think you understand, kensai. It's just gone, i knew i was chewing something, but i couldn't taste that something.

It will come back.

You might be extra sensitive to the "numbness" for all we know. If the problem still persists tomorrow or the day after that, go see a doctor.
Quote by fretsonfire74

I don't think you understand; it happens.

If you drink lots of whisky, it may be gone for as long as 24 hours, at least that's what happens to me.
Quote by Renka
I don't think you understand; it happens.

If you drink lots of whisky, it may be gone for as long as 24 hours, at least that's what happens to me.

he said it makes flavour disappear slightly, this isn't slightly. I'm eating ice cream cake now, and it's just gone. I can't taste it. But its hot and i'm hungry.
Quote by Kensai

That dam cat

Nobody will get that joke.
Quote by fretsonfire74
he said it makes flavour disappear slightly, this isn't slightly. I'm eating ice cream cake now, and it's just gone. I can't taste it. But its hot and i'm hungry.

It varies. I lose my sense almost completely.
Quote by fretsonfire74

Yes, slightly: For me.
It varies from person to person, depending on how much you've been drinking before, genetics e.t.c.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote by maccas666
That dam cat

Nobody will get that joke.

Not even I got it
Quote by Renka
It varies. I lose my sense almost completely.

I suppose thats good then. I have more of my sense of taste than I did last night, but still not good.

Quote by macmancometh
It's because you're anti-semitic.

The Jews control everything.

in soviet russia, everything controls the Jews!

I'm not actually anti-semitic. It's a joke.
you have developed the early symptoms of acute enomulitis. you have around 6 or 7 weeks to live.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by maccas666
As i said nobody will get it.

then what may i ask, was the point in saying it?

Quote by apollo718
you have developed the early symptoms of acute enomulitis. you have around 6 or 7 weeks to live.

bummer.