hello, i have an amp called the Roland Microcube and a guitar called the ibanez iceman IC-200 with Powersounds pickups. I need a foot-switch(effect), and i have no idea about them. i like to play metal like System of a Down. ex.Sugar, BYOB, Chop Suey. I also like to play clean sound like ATWA, Lonley Day, Lost in Hollywood(all by System of a Down)
what kind of effect should i get?
my price range is $50 to $100.
get an ibanez smashbox(sm-7) or a big muff, or if u wanted to wait a while u could save up and get a line 6 mulity effects pedal
The cube wasn't made for use with effects and the amp itself has effects built in. Why exactly do you need a pedal? What is wrong with the amp?
Well tell us what effects exactly you need for the sound, cause the cube has the distortion you need so getting a dist. pedal for it would be useless and it has plenty of other effects right?
Well there's those little knobs, you turn them and then u should hear the effect that each one produces. You can get those same effects in pedal form too, and then there's the wah pedal which you actually have to move ur foot to make the effect.
Definitely go with the Boss M-2 Metal Zone. I bought one about a year ago looking for good distortion and it has treated my great. It is the best distortion pedal i've used hands down.
Quote by wtf_dude69
Definitely go with the Boss M-2 Metal Zone. I bought one about a year ago looking for good distortion and it has treated my great. It is the best distortion pedal i've used hands down.

Instantaneous Fail.
MT-2's sound bad, especially on modeling amps.
Well, I haven't listened to a SOAD track in my life, so I really don't know what you're talking about, but the microcube should be able to get it.
Unless you need some extreme wah action, then i'd recommend some sort of wah.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
It's probably your EQ (Do cubes have EQ knobs? I don't think I've ever used one before.) but from what I've heard, a microcube can produce good distortion....and no offense but isn't an Iceman kind of expensive for someone who doesn't understand basic effects?....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls