Get rid of the ESP and get the Jackson
8 13%
Drop the Spider and Get a Fallen Angel
53 87%
Voters: 61.
Guitar I own now is a espiphone les paul junior model

http://www.kellyindustries.com/guitars/epiphone_lespaul_jr.html

Amp I have now is Line 6 Spider III 75W

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-75-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482272

What should I do here? Buy a new guitar or a new amp. Both of them are really pissing me off. The guitar is too small for me. I have pretty big hands and now that I can actually play I think I really need to upgrade. But on the other hand I brought this Spider 3 months ago and I don't really like the tone too much. I play metal and want a tone like Death, Nile, OLD Cannibal Corpse. And a clean that sounds blue like. I tried tweaking the setting and adjusting my pickup and it still sounds bad. It's too digital and dead for me. Which should I replace?

For the guitar I was thinking the Jackson MG Series DXMG

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-MG-Series-DXMG-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-512239-i1147624.gc

For Amp the Ashdown Fallen Angel(if I can find one)

http://www.musicgearreview.com/article-display/1891.html

What you guys think?
i just voted guitar cuz it said jackson but 80% or so of ur tone is in ur amp
amp.
/thread. But do replace that guitar quickly. You'll get t3h 4ID$ from it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
wait.. on the poll it says get rid of the ESP, but you dont have one...?

im guessing you mean epiphone?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Last edited by BFun at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by BFun
wait.. on the poll it says get rid of the ESP, but you dont have one...?

Too late to change it now
Well, the Epi LP Junior is certainly a poor guitar. That said, the amp is even worse.

Change the amp first, then the next chance you get, change the guitar.
Quote by bokuho
Well, the Epi LP Junior is certainly a poor guitar. That said, the amp is even worse.

Change the amp first, then the next chance you get, change the guitar.

Ya it's a beginner guitar at best

Ok so what do I do with the amp? Sell it to a music store and not get jack **** for it? Or maybe I should pawn it?
Well, you gotta ask yourself, which hinders your playing more: your tone or the playability of your guitar? In most cases I would say get a new amp, but since you seem to be uncomfortable with playing that guitar, then you should probably get a new guitar first. The DXMG isn't a bad guitar, but you may want to get a pickup swap. Also take a look at ESP and Ibanez guitars.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I was actually going to do that. I was going to take one pickup off and get a dixmarzio X2N on it. Think that would be a good idea?
That would work. But now that I think about it, don't worry about the pickups until you get around to replacing your amp as well. With the Spider, pickups won't really make much of a difference anyway.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I have that same guitar. Its pretty sweet. But I think a new amp will serve you better
Is the guitar OK as far as playability? If so, go for the amp. If not, go for the guitar.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
i say amp...along with like 90% of this thread
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

There's your answer, then. Epiphone LP Juniors are the worst guitars I've ever played.
Ya the Spider is decent enough, but the LP Junior is just terrible. It feels like a toy. It's so small. I dunno why I bought that for my first guitar. I'll get rid of it.

Thanks a lot guys