I have a MIM Strat and use a roland cube 15. When i have any type of distortion on the pick up switch all the way to the left,middle, or right produces feedback; middle-right and middle-left are perfectly fine. I know it's not the amp or cable because i switched off with a friend.
lower the two pups that are too close to the strings.
screw on either side of each pickup.

dont stand too close to the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Left, Middle, and Right selections use a single pickup. The two settings between them use two pickups. These settings essentially work as a humbucker, reducing the noise.
if lowering the pups dont do anything, then they might be microphonic.

either that or a wire might be shorting. did you ever have the guitar open for any reason?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Any ideas about what other things in a room could mess with it because it seems if i tilt the guitar up in the air at a certain direction the feedback disappears

No I've never opened. This is my first guitar; despite being curious I still haven't opened it.
why would something in the room be messing with 2 out of 3 pups?

it's more likely that the loose wire is in the input jack area, and holding the guitar a certain way helps the connection.

you know, or maybe its a bad cable, but you said u swapped that out.

pick up the amp and move it all to a different room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by pyro88
Any ideas about what other things in a room could mess with it because it seems if i tilt the guitar up in the air at a certain direction the feedback disappears

No I've never opened. This is my first guitar; despite being curious I still haven't opened it.

A screen like a TV or computer moniter does that to my sound. While playing just turn off all the screens in the room and see if it does anything.