I've been seeing people bending their strings then hitting the string above it with their pinky, the best way for me too explain this is in the song Master Exploder by Tenacious D when kage is soloing at the start and during his bigger solo. if you could tell me what this technique is called or if their is a video. Thanks

P.S. the Tab didn't help.
Well I looked up the video and checked out the tab for ya and still don't know what you mean. As for Master Exploder...it's a pretty standard solo. So...you should clarify cause I'd like to help if I can.
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about.. but not sure what you want. Why would you want a video of it if you've been seeing people do it? I'm pretty sure there is no name for it... but it's a pretty common thing to do. You explained exactly how to do it, and have seen people do it, so I don't know what you want.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.

I know what you're talking about. I don't really consider it a "special technique" by any means though. It might feel strange at first, but if you practice it it will become much easier.

Also, I don't think there is a specific name for such a thing.
I think you're talking about the part where he bends one string and picks another.

Edit - Actually, he slides, not bends. It's really not all that complex, don't overthink it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Mar 9, 2008,