I am not going to get into what happened - I will just say I dropped my Gibson Les Paul Standard - cracked the neck and damaged the bottom of the guitar slightly. I have already researched the Gibson website for repairs and will be sending it in. I really just wanted some feedback from anyone who has been as stupid as myself and needed to use the service from Gibson. It looks like they do amazing jobs so I feel somewhat comfortable in that they can repair it good as new. I was just hoping for a little reassurance from someone who has been in my shoes.
Make sure you get a quote from a local luthier before you take it in. They'll probably do just as good of a repair, and for a lot cheaper as well.
yep. plus there's the shipping and waiting part if you arent near an authorized gibson repair.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
dont drop it again. if u were at a gig then stop doing such show offy stuff that makes u drop ur lp. and thats all i got to say about that! --Forrest Gump--
GEAR:
Black Epiphone G-310 SG
White Ibanez RG120
Digitech RP250 Multi-Effects Pedal
Raven RG100H and RG412 Half Stack
when i dropped my lp i got lucky and only the nut chipped a bit. my floor got damaged more than the guitar did

go to a local shop and see how much it'll cost for them to fix it rather than going through the hassle of shipping your guitar back and forth.

oh and buy straplocks, they work miracles
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Did it just put a crack in the neck or did it snap it in two pieces?

Either way, I'm sorry for you man, because I never want to have to wait weeks to play my Les Paul.

I hope you get it repaired soon.
Gibson is going to charge you an arm, a leg, and a nut to do it. They'll do a great job, but it's going to cost you. A good local tech would do a similar job for less money and no shipping (cost or risk).
Quote by Roc8995
Gibson is going to charge you an arm, a leg, and a nut to do it.

I called gibson once, they made me sign a contract....

They now owns rights to all my future childrens souls
thats what happens when u spend $2000 on a guitar u cant play it without being paranoid of ****ing it up and therefore its not worth it?

new guitar

/thread
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
thats what happens when u spend $2000 on a guitar u cant play it without being paranoid of ****ing it up and therefore its not worth it?

new guitar

/thread

Sir, you fail...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by NGMF-Sam

new guitar

/thread

Are you serious?

I'm not paranoid with my Les Paul, I just make sure nothing serious happens to it. Like cracking the neck, like the guy did here.