So my friend dropped my beloved tele and I believe that he ahs ruined the neck. I'd intended to reaplace it at somepoint so it's not that bad.....yes it is but whatever.

What necks do you guys reccomend?
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Don't currently have access to the camera but the frets are dented all along the G string and any notes below the 3rd fret are unplayable.

I really don't care if it's fixable since I was going to replace it anyway (it's a mexican tele that I'm upgrading)
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Ohh, i understand. So are you lookng for a new neck (shape, make) or just where to find the same one? I realy like the neck on the Fender Thinline Telecaster 72 Reissue. That is why I may buy it It is THAT amazing
Hello
I actually am partial to that neck as well. I like the one that was on there as well, I just wanted one that was a bit smoother and better quality. Where would one acquire the '72 neck and how much would it be?
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
By the sounds of it you will just need to get it refretted, but its hard to tell without pics
Won't refretting make the neck play very differently and exceed the value of the neck though?
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
You need to adjust your truss rod and re adjust your action. It's something you are going to have to do after you get a new neck anyway so you might as well learn how to do it on the neck that you have so that if you break something it wont be a big deal.

Are you sure you want to get a new neck anyway? Necks are pretty expensive.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Indie>Popular
Won't refretting make the neck play very differently and exceed the value of the neck though?

It might make it play differently, but a new neck would too.
Quote by Indie>Popular
... What necks do you guys reccomend?

A lot of people recommend Warmoth but I never understood the Bang for the $$$ ... too pricey. You have 2 options:
  • Buy a Used Fender neck from eBay; or,
  • Buy a Licensed by Fender neck.

Used Fender necks are all over ePay. For the Licensed by Fender necks, my personal preferences are in the following order: AllParts (MIJ), Musikraft (MIA), and Mighty Mite. Mighty Mite comes with a cheap plastic nut while AllParts and Musikraft, don't.