you dont

zakk wylde said if you want to get pinch is right everytime you have to do them down
you can, i dont really know how tho.
maybe sliding the pointer finger down so it catches when you pick up
it's not that hard to get them... the string has touch the last joint on ur index finger when u pick up.

at least that's how i've done them.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
jus wondering, cause i seen people strum while using pinch harmonics before..thought it was a lil wierd though
I do it that way all the time its using downstrokes that annoys me
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
You can do it. I catch the string with the last joint of my second finger.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

It's fairly difficult, though that may just be due to the fact that I've never tried it before, but I've just done it by catching the string with the tip of my index finger.
I do it touching the string with the tip of the middle finger.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I used to do it a lot by hitting the node with the last knuckle of my first finger on my picking hand. I kind of fell out of practice, though.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
somehow i can trem pick PHs, as stated above theyre only reliable when i use my thumb though.

you have to keep your index finger very close to the edge of the pick. i use the rounded side of my pick so that probably helps too.
I actually use an upstroke for pinch harmonics the majority of the time, but it's because I hold the pick with three fingers and it's easy to stick my middle finger out a bit and tap the string. I find it's actually easier to do them with an upstroke on the bottom three strings, E, A, and D, while for G, B, and e using a downstroke works best.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT