I know about the Danelectro Freespeech, but i've heard it isn't that good. Are there any talk boxes out there that wouldn't require me to get a whole PA system? As in, ones that route the sound directly through the amp.
no

thats the whole point of how a talk box works. through a mic. you might be able to hook up the mic to and amp or somethin but that probably wouldnt sound too good
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
rocktron banshee talkbox. i have one and its great. get it.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
Quote by ledzep618
rocktron banshee talkbox. i have one and its great. get it.

+1

but it'll do u no good for band practice since the volume in it's internal amp is just enough for bedroom practice. u'll still need a mic stand though...

i have one as well...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
+1

but it'll do u no good for band practice since the volume in it's internal amp is just enough for bedroom practice. u'll still need a mic stand though...

i have one as well...

oh my god....
do people not know what talkboxes do?
The talkbox has a speaker(or horn driver or whatever its called) in the box, and then the sound goes thru the tube and then your mouth shapes the sound. The reason for the mic is to amplify the noise coming out of your mouth
kthnx.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
oh my god....
do people not know what talkboxes do?
The talkbox has a speaker(or horn driver or whatever its called) in the box, and then the sound goes thru the tube and then your mouth shapes the sound. The reason for the mic is to amplify the noise coming out of your mouth
kthnx.

that's what i said! it's got a little speaker amp inside the box and it's sound is directed out a vinyl tube that goes into the player's mouth. also it has a tone, drive, and volume knob to shape the sound.

Quote by DiMeTiMe
Just a get a wah pedal, so much easier.

A wah won't get you the same effect as a talk box.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
^I know, but I like the setup ease (convenience) and tonal qualties of the wah pedal.

Well, your advice wasn't very good tbh. He asked about a talkbox, and you adviced him to get a wah because "you like it more". That's like someone asking which car he should buy and you suggest he gets a motorboat instead.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Not really, because running any kind of mic into a guitar amp (and particularly the speaker) sounds crap. Especially when the mic in question is built into a little plastic tube and distorts very easily.
The Rocktron Banshee, for example, is okay for practice and home use, but in a band it sounds a million times better with a Heil and a vocal mic...
Quote by kyle62
Not really, because running any kind of mic into a guitar amp (and particularly the speaker) sounds crap. Especially when the mic in question is built into a little plastic tube and distorts very easily.
The Rocktron Banshee, for example, is okay for practice and home use, but in a band it sounds a million times better with a Heil and a vocal mic...

I almost had to call you retarded.

But seriously, how many people are going to say

What a noob, his talkbox speaker is distorting.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by DiMeTiMe
^I know, but I like the setup ease (convenience) and tonal qualties of the wah pedal.

If he wanted a wah he would've asked about a wah. I'm sure that what he wants is in fact a talk box and not a wah.
Quote by kool98769
I almost had to call you retarded.

But seriously, how many people are going to say

What a noob, his talkbox speaker is distorting.

Acutally, most ppl don't even know what a talkbox is!!!

Still, to answer your question: Yes, you do need a mic, mic stand, and pa system in order to use a talkbox in life performances or full band practice. Either that or you somehow make your own using your amp which is very dangerous both to you and your amp speaker.

The Rocktron Banshee and Dunlop Heil are probably the best (actually, the only ones) options for a safe and ready to use talkbox. They are also good for practice in your bedroom when you don't need to be loud and don't have a pa with you but you still need a stand so that one of the ends of the tube is accessible to you while playing.

Last edited by evening_crow at Mar 11, 2008,