after i put the new pickguard on my strat, i put some new strings on it, only to notice that when i tightened the strings to tune them, my bridge bends up like im divebombing with the whammy or something. what do i do?
Did you put larger strings on it? The only way that could happen is if you put larger strings on or took a spring out of the tremolo system.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

3 springs are on the tremello just like last time, and the gauge of the strings might be higher, i think i went up to 11's from 9's. what should i do?
tighten the screws in the trem cavity. you prob need to add an extra spring for help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i tightened the screws a lot, kinda hard to get them any tighter... could i get a new spring at the hardware store, or would i have to to go my local music store(not so local) to get one?
music store.

or online. dont over tighten those screws.

for the time being you can block the trem bar with similar to a battery sized object.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

hmm alright, ill go over to the music store tomorrow. ive got room for 2 more springs, should i pick up 2 instead?
I agree with jj1565 entirely. As for springs, use as few as possible to achieve the tension you need. By all means buy two springs, but only use one of them if you can.
right and put them even in the back. two on one side, two on the other. keep the back balanced.

right now are the 3 springs in a "v" shape? if not, you can put it in a V for a little more pull.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

nope, the springs are going straight across. should i try arranging them differently before i go buy more?
yeah you "might" be able to get enough pull from them.

\l/ <--- putting the springs in that configuration.

still you;ll probably need the extra spring. but V shaped springs pull harder than 3 lined up in a row.

detune before moving springs around. be careful, not to pull out the screws in the trem cavity, and pull up the trem bar to compress the springs if you are having problems moving them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah, i arranged differently, but the tremello is still messing up. ill pick up some springs tomorrow. my local music store closed at 6 and its 7 30 now. thanks for all the help.
ok good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62