if ur into metal

the les paul if ur a blues man

schecter pwns either way
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
well i'd say schecter

if ur into metal

the les paul if ur a blues man

schecter pwns either way

more metal for me

does u use the trem system on the FR model???
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Schecter. Lower end Gibsons are inconsistent with quality and a Schecter would be better for what u wanna play anyway.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Hellraiser, the Vintage Mahogany's just feel... wrong.

If I were you though, I'd wait until the Hellraiser V's come out.... sexiness.
schecter over gibson anyday ( i have an SG and im getting a schecter dont get me wrong i love to SG to death but in anyother case than my 1st SG id pick schecter)
Schecter hands down... I've seen Epiphone's that out perform and look better then the Vintage Mahogany... To me its pretty much a faded line guitar with a little better quality...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Schecter hands down... I've seen Epiphone's that out perform and look better then the Vintage Mahogany... To me its pretty much a faded line guitar with a little better quality...

There is no "Faded" line by gibson, faded only refers to the finish. There's the SG Special faded, which is an overpriced and overrated guitar, along with all of the SG and LP specials, but the LP Standard Faded is quite nice, actually.
Quote by george8392
more metal for me

does u use the trem system on the FR model???

I'm sorry, but that really bothers me.
Be cool.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
There is no "Faded" line by gibson, faded only refers to the finish. There's the SG Special faded, which is an overpriced and overrated guitar, along with all of the SG and LP specials, but the LP Standard Faded is quite nice, actually.

Sorry to offend... Never looked into it only new them by faded so figured it was there cheap line of guitars... Didnt thing they would place them with there regular guitars... Sounds like a scam... I can imagine someone looking for a gibson thinking im looking for something with a faded color passing up all the decent guitars and landing on a faded not knowing what there actually getting into.. That sucks...
I was once obsessed with getting a Gibson. But I played one and it wasn't all that I expected. Now I'm the proud owner of a Schecter Damien FR and LOVE it.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Quote by creativlogic
I was once obsessed with getting a Gibson. But I played one and it wasn't all that I expected. Now I'm the proud owner of a Schecter Damien FR and LOVE it.

I too once dreamed of owning one, and same deal... Played several and hated them all... And that sucks because i really wanted an explorer... I wonder if there new shred-explorer will feel any better...

And pretty soon im going to be on the search for me a Schecter XXX.. Loved that guitar...
well, i was leaning more towards the schecter anyways,

gibsons have so much hype, but when you finally play one, its like, "is this it??"

thanks
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
I have a Hellraiser and it is amazing. If you're more into metal, definitely go for that one.
I own a Schecter C-1 blackjack. i always wanted a gibson just because of the name. The good things from Gibson is the quality and the name. I've played a few Gibsons and they are no different from others. They feel really durable because of the thick ass neck. Schecters have skinny fender like necks. Smooth too. Its really your choice.