Hey...ive been playin acoustic for the last few years and have gotten pretty good..Want to move on to electric..

I have pretty much decided on Roland Microcube for amp...

I was looking into fender mexican strats... but they are a bit too expensive unless theres an us online stores shipping to ireland) ...Fenders are way more expensive in europ the america..So im looking for suggestions

Im lookin for a lightish rock sound...Im into bands like The Kooks, Fratellis and fouantains of wayne etc...

I will probally be buying from thomann.de if that matters
I have had a really good experience with yamaha as my main acoustic guitar is an FG730 and i am in love with it!
Thanks for your time
Damien Rice === Legend
pacifica better quality
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
either one. i personally like squiers better. id get a h-s-s that way you can experiment with diffrent sounds. i think pacificas are only 3 single coils im not sure.
Quote by echofreak
either one. i personally like squiers better. id get a h-s-s that way you can experiment with diffrent sounds. i think pacificas are only 3 single coils im not sure.

its HSS, too
Quote by echofreak

I't's only HSS.

I swear, the only people who'll recomend Squiers are the ones who've never owned a Yamaha....
I didn't like the finish on the Pacifica when I went to try it out. It felt like a toy to me, and the fretboards weren't very nice on the models I tried out.

I went through several Squiers as well before I found the one I liked, some felt like crap but others felt pretty close to MIM strats.