i dont know where to ask this so il do it here

is there a program to tab what your playing as youre playing it?

cause im bad at remembering what i play.....

i like to just jam and record but i can never remember what it was i played when i hear somethin cool so is there any way to tab it in a program while im recording or somethin

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Why don't you just record yourself playing?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Why don't you just record yourself playing?

did you read the post at all?

as stated i do record myself but i cant remember what i was playing in the recording

tabs would be great for that

then i could memorise what i like and even use it in songs
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by Supafly1824
Guitar pro 5

/thread

Please, tell me where this feature on GP5 is where you can plug your guitar into the computer and it will tab out every single note you play on your guitar.

kthanxbai
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by aeon20k
did you read the post at all?

as stated i do record myself but i cant remember what i was playing in the recording

tabs would be great for that

then i could memorise what i like and even use it in songs

My bad. Must have missed that part. Well, I know of no program that does that, but personally I think it would be best if you just recorded yourself with a video camera and just watched very carefully and you could easily recreate what you did, or an audio recording as well would be great for ear training.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Supafly1824
Guitar pro 5

/thread

Nope.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Some guitars have a MIDI output. Take that and plug it into some midi input and somehow save it as a MIDI, then import the MIDI into guitar pro. WIN!
I remember this thread from a while back that i started. And somebody posted a link to a place that did it. It was was loaded with viruses and stuff, but it worked if you wanna try the search bar.
I think Line 6 has a version of the POD that can do that.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
You'll need a MIDI pickup for your guitar, as well as a MIDI interface for your PC. This will allow you to record your playing to standard musical notation. I'm sure Guitar Pro could convert it to tablature for you though. However, the funny thing about tablature is that it's useless and ambiguous. One musical note could represent multiple guitar frets, so it probably wouldn't give you an accurate transcription of what you were actually playing.

Good luck, though.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Its a shame there's not to my knowledge a tool like this around, it would be a great program. If anyone does have links and/or information please post.
It'd only be possible if you had a Ztar or something... because actual guitars have too many enharmonic equivalents.