I tried search and couldn't find anything. So... What are your thoughts on the subject of OBE's (Out-of-Body Experiences) and astral projection? OBE's are said to be an experience in which the soul consciously leaves the body and can travel freely. Astral projection is said to be an experience in which your consciousness travels to a different plane. I know this all sounds a bit crazy, but many people have reported these experiences and many people can induce them. I don't expect you to take my word for it, but I have been able to consciously project my consciousness out of my body on a couple instances (or so it seemed). So anyway, please give your opinion and if you would like I can provide a forum that you can check out on this subject.
Dont exist.

/thread
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
I am a certified Psychologist, and Out-of-Body Experiences do not exist......damn I should be on Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
Quote by Hot_Money420
I am a certified Psychologist, and Out-of-Body Experiences do not exist......damn I should be on Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

Well yes, they exist. But I believe you mean that they are a psychological phenomenon. Do you believe they are vivid dreams? Or do you have a different explanation?
I did a little research on lucid dreaming (which involves astral projection). I decided that it'd be too much work for something so... fleeting and disconnected from actual life. I'd probably get just as much of a thrill from doing a real activity like jumping off a cliff into water or something. I did have one lucid dream though, and it was pretty cool while it lasted, but nothing THAT amazing.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I did a little research on lucid dreaming (which involves astral projection). I decided that it'd be too much work for something so... fleeting and disconnected from actual life. I'd probably get just as much of a thrill from doing a real activity like jumping off a cliff into water or something. I did have one lucid dream though, and it was pretty cool while it lasted, but nothing THAT amazing.

Yeah, some people explain OBE's as the next level up from Lucid Dreams. But I agree with you that it is a lot of work. Its not something I'm going to devote a lot of time into, but its something I found interesting.
It'd be cool if they made some sort of pill or something you could take, like ginko baloba or whatever that would induce lucid dreaming lol.
We're only strays.
Quote by 4e574e57363g
Dont exist.

/thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

sorry, but it shows up in one form or another in pretty much every religion, and robert monroe also knows his stuff.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by guitarAce372
Well yes, they exist. But I believe you mean that they are a psychological phenomenon. Do you believe they are vivid dreams? Or do you have a different explanation?

I think you missed the point of my post.....
Some people suggest that taking melatonin or vitamin b-6 induces lucid dreams or OBE's. Some dude made goggles you where that flash lights and play binaural beats that supposedly induces lucid dreams.
Quote by guitarAce372
Some people suggest that taking melatonin or vitamin b-6 induces lucid dreams or OBE's. Some dude made goggles you where that flash lights and play binaural beats that supposedly induces lucid dreams.

Dude I would never be able to get to sleep wearing those. I can't even sleep when music is playing. Besides I doubt their effectiveness.
We're only strays.
I think derealization is the closest thing to an OBE you can get, and derealization sucks ass. I wouldn't consider hallucinogenic trips as OBEs though.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Hot_Money420
I think you missed the point of my post.....

No, I got it. I may have just worded wrong. People are definitely serious when they say they traveled out of body. Do you think they are describing a dream or do you think they are crazy? Or do I really miss the point? Please elaborate.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Dude I would never be able to get to sleep wearing those. I can't even sleep when music is playing. Besides I doubt their effectiveness.

Yeah, its all subjective. Some people can deal with that in their sleep. I probably couldn't either. But to induce an OBE you have to achieve mind awake body asleep which really sucks.
Quote by guitarAce372
No, I got it. I may have just worded wrong. People are definitely serious when they say they traveled out of body. Do you think they are describing a dream or do you think they are crazy? Or do I really miss the point? Please elaborate.

I think that people are describing a dream....I think that they don't have exactly "OBE" but that they just imagine themselves as an outer force than there body and the try to imagine their effect and appearance in the world around them.

Couldn't tell you for sure.....just a theory.....oh yeah I was just kidding about the certified psychologist thingy....
Quote by Hot_Money420
I think that people are describing a dream....I think that they don't have exactly "OBE" but that they just imagine themselves as an outer force than there body and the try to imagine their effect and appearance in the world around them.

Couldn't tell you for sure.....just a theory.....oh yeah I was just kidding about the certified psychologist thingy....

Ok. Haha. Well something psychological definitely happens. An article suggests that these experiences can be simulated by scientists.
Yeah, I'm in Psyc 101 right now, we are just getting to this stuff.....I'll have to pay a little more attention to get more of an understanding of all it...
when people describe OBEs as the soul LITERALLY traveling away from the body, then thats when people say that it is just ridiculous and untrue. however, it is very real, and simple. It is basically when your mind is awake and conscious while your body is asleep (sleep paralysis). You lightly feel this phenomenon when you get into a meditative state where you close your eyes and start to disassociate yourself from your physical senses. you also get this feeling when you get high.