i have the strong urge to do some drumming, but i'm not going to buy a drumkit, so i'm using pots and pans and stuff, but i need something i can stomp my foot on so that i'm actually using hand-foot coordination. any ideas? i tried just stomping my foot, but it's not loud enough.
Dude whats with all the drum threads lol.

ANYWAY, just get a good sized cardboard box, turn it side ways, tape clear wrap across the open end and cut a hole in the other. Then buy a bass drum pedal.*

*Buy 2 for double bass.

And there you have it folks!! You're very own drumset!
We're only strays.
Suitcase?

EDIT: sorry, i didn't read your whole post.. suitcase works really well with a bass pedal though
hug your local pug dealer!
trash can???
but use an actual drum pedal,or double pedal depending on what you prefer!!

i was having the same idea,but i might make the entire set out of empty kegs and bongos!!
i dono man. I just stomp my foot. I have these rlly cheap flip-flop slippers and when i slap them on the ground with my foot, they're pretty loiud, and sound awesome for double bass. but they need to be on hardwood floor. i dono if it'll work with carpet or watever u use.
Get a plastic storage bucket or something box-like, tape it to the ground, and kick it. Close toed shoes work best.
And if you have a pedal of some kind just put it in front.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Large, plastic drums.

Kind of like those. The plastic makes the sound pretty low, and fades kind of like a bass drum.

Those awesome street musicians use those a good bit, as well.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Large, plastic drums.

Kind of like those. The plastic makes the sound pretty low, and fades kind of like a bass drum.

Those awesome street musicians use those a good bit, as well.

those things are awesome. TS, what are you using for the other "drums"? I too would like to do the same.
Pots and Pans dude?

I used to do that when I was like 3. I might do it again tomorrow for the hell of it(OR ADD POTS AND PANTS TO MY REAL DRUMSETZOMG!)
This thread has inspired me to make my own wonderful drum kit out of household items

Thank You TS
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Dude whats with all the drum threads lol.

ANYWAY, just get a good sized cardboard box, turn it side ways, tape clear wrap across the open end and cut a hole in the other. Then buy a bass drum pedal.*

*Buy 2 for double bass.

And there you have it folks!! You're very own drumset!

You're grammer suckz.

Other than that, I agree with this dude.
I read in a guitar magazine interview that some band had used a microphone under a pillow as a bass drum, you could try that.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
just go and get rock band then download one of the programs that lets you use it as an electronic drum set. problem solved.

if you low on cash

make a poor mans bass drum out of some string, a spoon and some cardboard.

fold cardboard in half so that if makes a pedal, attach string to spoon. cut hole inf cardboard and put spoon handle in it, attach string to endof cardboard with plenty of tension, then when you hit it, the string will pull the spoon forward.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
ah, yes, because the cardboard would want to unfold too far if i didn't have the string there. i gotcha.

please answer my question. what are you using for the other "drums"?
Quote by fretsonfire74
please answer my question. what are you using for the other "drums"?

pots, metal objects, a book, a box, a metal tray thingy, and some other things i'm looking into.

it's not going to sound at all like a drum set, but i'll get to do some drum beats and experiment, which is why i want the kick drum so that i can actually do it properly.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
pots, metal objects, a book, a box, a metal tray thingy, and some other things i'm looking into.

it's not going to sound at all like a drum set, but i'll get to do some drum beats and experiment, which is why i want the kick drum so that i can actually do it properly.

oh ok, so you're not actually simulating snare, toms etc?
hah, do you think i could actually find things to simulate them? unless you have any ideas, in which case i'd jump on them like a dog on a leg.
Lay Fretsonfire down, and bang a bass pedal on his large, thick, hollow skull.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
hah, do you think i could actually find things to simulate them? unless you have any ideas, in which case i'd jump on them like a dog on a leg.

wow that was retarded of me. sorry, big night last night. what i meant was have you found something to simulate pitch?as in snare (without the snare on), the two toms, floor tom, bass drum. different pitches.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Lay Fretsonfire down, and bang a bass pedal on his large, thick, hollow skull.

you dont have to use a kit or a home made kit you should just use your body E.G. right hand tapping your leg and your fool tapping the ground as the bass and your left hand tapping the leg.
its not as expencive as getting a real kit