hey guys!

me and my bro are really technically advanced you could say..haha..and i had a question about a acoustic amp build.

i know you can get effects and all, but i dont think i would need that. just something to amplify my acoustic. if we were to buy a speaker, and then just run it to a 1/4th jack for the chord, would that work? no volume or anything on the amp itself. all ran by the pre-amp on the guitar.

anyone know if this would work?

and parts?..haha speaker, wood, etc?....

thanks a bunch in advance!!

and...is this a good acoustic-electric?
http://www.music123.com/Fender-CD100CE-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-517572-i1149497.Music123

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Last edited by bojangleman at Mar 8, 2008,
Do you want to build an amp or just a speaker cabinet?

I highly doubt the average acoustic onboard preamp is going to be enough to drive a speaker, and that isn't the only problem you would face. So no, I highly doubt this would work.

And by technically advanced, do you mean you know how to build solid state amplification circuits? Because if you want to build an amp you should at least have plans for what you will be using, and know how the circuitry works. The speaker only converts the electrical amplified electrical signal into acoustic energy, and an amplifier is so much more than just a speaker.
well, i guess you could call it a cabinet. but its not how i meant it to be. i meant, where i can plug my guitar straight into a 1/4th jack and play. the 1/4 jack is connected to the speaker. then the guitar's pre-amp runs the speaker...but i see what you are saying now...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums