Page 1 of 5
Ok I figured id start this up because this band in my opinion could become a powerhouse of metal. I mean common they are so young and their writing riffs and lyrics you wouldn't expect from people of their age but with me being 18 i plan on following this band into the battle of exterminating crappy music with tasty licks and straight out powerful playing
Every time an emo kid cuts them self a viking comes down from the pagan land and dismembers him
yeah i thought that kid was in his 20s. they werent bad live.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
i'll check em out...in the mean time, it's spelt 'pagan'
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
its amazing how the oldest member of the band is 18-19 and the youngest (their vocalist)14
Every time an emo kid cuts them self a viking comes down from the pagan land and dismembers him
I dont really like them a whole lot, but i do agree they are very impressive for their age, if they dont get messed up by drugs or something they will be a huge powerhouse, because my guess is they will only increase their skill and sound
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
I'll probably aquire the CD when its released. Haha, I read that playing at Ozzfest, they were kicked off the stage becuase it was endorsed by Jagermeister.
Quote by cloudconnects
I'll probably aquire the CD when its released. Haha, I read that playing at Ozzfest, they were kicked off the stage becuase it was endorsed by Jagermeister.

I remember hearing that too, but I didn't know it was this band.

And I thought it was because they were late teens - and the drinking in a lot of places in America is 21.

Over here they wouldn't have been kicked off the stage for being underage. It's ridiculous, it's wasn't like they were actually drinking.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by BuddhaDX
its amazing how the oldest member of the band is 18-19 and the youngest (their vocalist)14

Are they that young? Wow
Quote by Phill-Rock
I remember hearing that too, but I didn't know it was this band.

And I thought it was because they were late teens - and the drinking in a lot of places in America is 21.

Over here they wouldn't have been kicked off the stage for being underage. It's ridiculous, it's wasn't like they were actually drinking.

They still got to play Ozzfest, though. They bumped them up so they got a 20 minute set to open the main stage.
tis boring............................................... in my opinion idk just not my thing i guess
I am me. Live with it.
I'm not all that impressed. They seem too much like a gimmick band, with everyone going on about their ages, and all their songs sound about as 'thrash' as The Crusade. Which, as we all remember, was not very thrash.
I use not like them because well I was jeleous of them... but then I heard their music and was like "wow this ****s awesome" so yeah there good...

I would never compare them to Triviums "The Crusade".... I don't think any band could every wright such horribale metalish music. But I guess thats what happens when your idols are Metallica...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
The only song I heard by them was Shock Wave and I love it!!!!!
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Shockwave makes them sound a lot like Motley Crue... I hope they don't continue on that path. they have some good talent though.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Yeah I like Shock Wave and I couldn't find any of their other songs
add me if you wish...
If they make the right choices they could be the next great metal band.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
i got the cd like a week ago and i love it, i heard they are playing the jimmy kimmel show on the 27th, so that should be good
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!
Quote by BuddhaDX

their singer is 14!!!!!!??????
my setup

Ibanez RGT42DX
10 watt ibanez amp
crybaby pedal
i saw them live with all that remains, chimaira, and light this city last month. they're really good!!
Oh when did he turn 15??? Yeah he was like 10 when he first tried to form the band which is crazy!!!
add me if you wish...
Quote by Delanoir

Still ridiculous and a total gimmick.

What are you talking about?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
There allright, based on shockwave, but there is no way you could call these kids thrash. If anything, I'd call them trash metal
Up the Punx!
They're pretty good, I was given a copy of their album sampler. The kid has some voice for a fifteen year old though. Give them a few years and I'd say they'll be very damn good.
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
i think they are pretty quality, going to see them next month i think

i thought the vocalist was about 18?
Top lel.
I heard them after everyone saying 'omg hes only 9 they r so kewl'
To be quite honest, I thought they were horrible, I actually felt sick. His vocals sounded so gay and the riffs were just a rip off of early Metallica/Iron Maiden. I really can't see them going anywhere.
RULE BRITANNIA
I just got their Light From Above cd like a hour ago. I think its alright...
add me if you wish...
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
What are you talking about?

They're a gimmick because they do nothing original or creative at all.

They're not even that great, as a whole. Only for their age.

Which is exactly what's getting them so much attention, and is getting marketed as much as possible.
Oh your just angry becuse you think you are Laiho(who was good but now is a worthless scene POS guitarist)but really we all know you dont like them becuse you aren't them they are livin the f'n teenage dream what could be better.
^Angry nothing, they're just not very good.

That's the problem with bands like these guys, Trivium, and CoB - their fans are always obsessive die-hards who can't stand to hear any criticism of their heroes.
Quote by Danno13
^Angry nothing, they're just not very good.

That's the problem with bands like these guys, Trivium, and CoB - their fans are always obsessive die-hards who can't stand to hear any criticism of their heroes.

I think that applies to any band. I mean, honestly, how many people want to have their "hero" bashed on.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by BuddhaDX
Oh your just angry becuse you think you are Laiho(who was good but now is a worthless scene POS guitarist)but really we all know you dont like them becuse you aren't them they are livin the f'n teenage dream what could be better.

Wow.

The simple fact is that they make merely decent music, and are being blown up mostly due to the fact that they are so young. It's basic business tactic, as kids are a huge demographic that any large business looks to get the most money out of. Maybe you'll understand once you grow up, learn a little bit about the world works, and stop being the fanboy yourself.

To a record label, any band is essentially an investment. If they can cultivate their bands into having large fan bases, for as long as possible, they can make more money.

With a band that young, they can obviously make the most of that.

And I couldn't care less about how they're living now, or what you think of CoB or Laiho (who I certainly don't think is "omg best guitarist evar")
when the singers balls drop and he gets some power behind his voice they could be decent. they've got some decent chops on them.

one to look out for in the future methinks but from their current material, ages and experience aside, I'd rate them as average at best.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
I think that applies to any band. I mean, honestly, how many people want to have their "hero" bashed on.

I agree to an extent- there are die-hards for any band. But my point is that nearly ALL of Black Tide's (or any other marketingcore band's) fans are like that, whereas a band like, for example, Opeth or Anthrax or Immortal, while they certainly do have overenthusiastic fans, have just as many if not MORE fans who enjoy the music and don't feel the need to defend said band from others' opinions.
I bought their cd the other day.
its pretty bland vocally IMO.
but guitarwise...its tight as hellz.

not bad for being little either.
Page 1 of 5