hi, do you guys think this guitar is worth it? http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75911

£299 seems a real good price as esp guitars seem to cost a lot more here in the UK than in the states.

I have never owned an ESP and i will be using this guitar for metal mostly. (i know from experience that i like the jb and mahogany body combination).

What are esp necks like thickness wise?

Am i right in thinking that the 400 series is really the minimum as far as getting a real nice esp/ltd guitar goes?

thanks
ESP is amazing for metal. Check out the viper and the eclipse series.

I dont really dig the hybrid look.

I have a viper, awsome guitr and really nice neck, not too thick
Looks like a sweet guitar. I would be really bothered by the lonely JB though. But if you don't use the neck pickup then I don't see why not. ESP makes some of the best guitars on earth, IMO. I have a Viper 400 and it's the best purchase I've ever made. And yes, in most cases, anything below the 400 series is a waste of money.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by J rock
ESP is amazing for metal. Check out the viper and the eclipse series.

I dont really dig the hybrid look.

I have a viper, awsome guitr and really nice neck, not too thick

There are no other esp/lts guitars i can afford right now unless i go lower than the 400 series.

all other 400 series except te hybrid are out of my price range.

I quite like the look of the guitar, i would probably like that others don't like its looks too much
Actually, now that I think about it, ESP seems to have really improved their low-end guitars. A lot of them are using basswood now instead of agathis, so they have potential to be good guitars. Most of the 250/260 series still use agathis, but the 50 and 100 series mostly use basswood. They would still need a pickup swap, and MAYBE a new trem if it's got the ESP LFR, but still. I'll have to check some of those out tomorrow.
Quote by mafropetee
Looks like a sweet guitar. I would be really bothered by the lonely JB though. But if you don't use the neck pickup then I don't see why not. ESP makes some of the best guitars on earth, IMO. I have a Viper 400 and it's the best purchase I've ever made. And yes, in most cases, anything below the 400 series is a waste of money.

I bought a Viper 500s, very sick guitar!

The other guitars (250, 300) are a solid buy I think.
Quote by J rock
I bought a Viper 500s, very sick guitar!

The other guitars (250, 300) are a solid buy I think.

Maybe the old 300 and 301, but definitely not the 250.