I have an...embarassing amp. You know what it is if you have been here longer than 2 minutes. I'm not buying a new amp. Okay? I have a Kramer with only a bridge pickup. Now, I want to get a good jazz tone. My guitar is a little too trebely with the treble scooped the whole way. EVEN when my Bass and Mid is ALL the way up, I still get too much treble. So, what is it? It's not the amp. So far, I've been playing for 2 years, and I've gone from acoustic to ukulele to Hendrix to AIC and I haven't had ANY problems with getting sounds out of the amp. I think I might need a neck pickup. So, I have enough to maybe buy a Dot Studio or a hollowbody/jazzy guitar around 200. If that's the problem I'd have no problem getting a new guitar.
turn down the tone knob on your guitar (if it has one)
and dont boost the bass and mids, just cut some treble.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
bridge pup only+spider3 or marshall MG+no mids or lows...you have a metal guitar either buy an eq new amp or guitar...
even a squier would do better...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
you need something with a neck pickup, then roll off the tone. The epiphone dot studio's a great guitar. Slap some 11's or flatwounds on it, switch to the neck, and roll off the tone. Works like a charm.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
bridge pup only+spider3 or marshall MG+no mids or lows...you have a metal guitar either buy an eq new amp or guitar...
even a squier would do better...

a "metal" guitar doesnt exist, unless its got uber hot pups, or actives.
theres a reason PRS are play both in metal and for jazz.
and fenders for that matter too. I've played plenty of 'metal' guitars that work just as good for 'metal' as blues.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
manmaster, that's what i figured i would do. Get a studio and put some flatwounds on it. my amp is capable of giving me the sound, i just need a neck pickup.
Quote by kool98769
and fenders for that matter too. I've played plenty of 'metal' guitars that work just as good for 'metal' as blues.

this kramer has a seymour duncan george lynch screamin' demon, so its definitely a "metal" guitar
Quote by kool98769

Metal guitars do exist, they are just B.C. Rich and the Xiphos and that Dean that looks like a lobster claw(Mach III?). And I believe the only one you can't possibly use for jazz(idk about the Dean) is the B.C. Rich with its ****ty tone... last time I heard a Warlock play I wanted to vomit
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by Infamou$17
Metal guitars do exist, they are just B.C. Rich and the Xiphos and that Dean that looks like a lobster claw(Mach III?). And I believe the only one you can't possibly use for jazz(idk about the Dean) is the B.C. Rich with its ****ty tone... last time I heard a Warlock play I wanted to vomit

well, right. I was disregarding the retarded guitar shapes.
like razorbacks, and almost anythign BC rich makes.
All those guitars with 6 tons of abalone too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Cool! A bunch of BC Rich haters show up to display ignorance! I play a bunch of Steely Dan covers, and find it completely within the realm of capability of my many BC Riches. Larry Carlton, Skunk Baxter, Dean Parks, and Walter Becker all have tones that I can approximate. Their ability as jazz improvisors is something that I need to work on.
If you have only one pickup ( a bridge, specifically) and a (self-described) poor-quality amp, I'm not sure that any amount of knob-twisting will lead to sonic nirvana.
Better gear is more fun to play through, too!
Quote by Johnthewrench
Cool! A bunch of BC Rich haters show up to display ignorance! I play a bunch of Steely Dan covers, and find it completely within the realm of capability of my many BC Riches. Larry Carlton, Skunk Baxter, Dean Parks, and Walter Becker all have tones that I can approximate. Their ability as jazz improvisors is something that I need to work on.
If you have only one pickup ( a bridge, specifically) and a (self-described) poor-quality amp, I'm not sure that any amount of knob-twisting will lead to sonic nirvana.
Better gear is more fun to play through, too!

I'm going to have to blame the crappy amp on BC rich.
If you own a BC rich.....

Just kidding. I just hate the warlock shape.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
First: to get that round jazzy tone, you need a neck pup. A Jazzmaster or Strat works (I personally like the single coil sound in jazz) squier has the cheap. A neck Hbucker in a hollow body is the most popular set up though, and Ibanez has some awesome jazz boxes.

Also, roll the tone way down. And don't kill the treble all the way if you can help it, because then you'll have a muddy tone, especially in a spiderIII(I know because I have one).

And use your fingers instead of a pick. That helps surprisingly much
I can take a bit of ribbing as to my choice of the Warlock shape. I just love these things! (I don't have any of the really cheap ones, though).I also love Biches and Mockingbirds.
A Moser through a Komet amp may work better, but we make our choices and live with them.
give your guitar to me, then Ill tell you the secret.

Im obsessed with kramers
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
turn presence down, trebel around middle, bass up, and turn the tone knob down on your guitar (if there is one).
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)