Does it really help alot?like if i were to practice sweeping with a metronome would i learn faster than without one?
well, sorta...in a way. like if you dont have one and you were at that level, then you're either an idiot, or you're kidding yourself and you should be playing smoke on the water instead.
Quote by ballroomofmars
well, sorta...in a way. like if you dont have one and you were at that level, then you're either an idiot, or you're kidding yourself and you should be playing smoke on the water instead.

Not necessarily not EVERYONE learns with a metronome, sweep picking is something i learned after 2 years of playing anyway and i have only just started to incorporate a metronome and ive been playing 3 years... mostly for jamming and for my college stuff
It is helpful to play with a metronome, even though it might not help you play faster it will help you develop even-ness (play all the notes at the same interval).
Cheers!
Quote by Zanon
Not necessarily not EVERYONE learns with a metronome, sweep picking is something i learned after 2 years of playing anyway and i have only just started to incorporate a metronome and ive been playing 3 years... mostly for jamming and for my college stuff

thats not what i mean. I didn't learn with a metronone and I've been playing for 2 years. I mean, if he doesnt own one, he's a total moron.
Quote by ballroomofmars
thats not what i mean. I didn't learn with a metronone and I've been playing for 2 years. I mean, if he doesnt own one, he's a total moron.

haha i've owned one since the day i started playing.
who needs one when you have metronome online! haha

meh...i would only use a metronome for practicing long fast runs...

tbh my sweeps are super even...and i never practiced with a metronome.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka

Some people don't need a metronome, they have already a good ear and a sense of rhythm. But some/most do.
Quote by nvranka
who needs one when you have metronome online! haha

meh...i would only use a metronome for practicing long fast runs...

Metronome online doesn't go high enough for me!!!

... well, not quite yet

My 50 year old Seiko one only goes to 208 also...
I never needed a metronome...and im not an idiot, i play some drums, and i have a sense of rhythm so i'm ok
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by aaron00lee
I never needed a metronome...and im not an idiot, i play some drums, and i have a sense of rhythm so i'm ok

Until you join a band

I kid. Not really.