I think I'm developing chronic pain in my right ass/upper thigh. I sit at my computer with my guitar on my lap, and obviously, I have to lean on it to be comfortable. Lately, my thigh/ass have been generally uncomfortable because of the crushing weight of my upper body/arms.
Any remedies/tricks to avoid such discomfort? I could stand, but that would just be stupid.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
stand up and walk around a bit? adjust how you are sitting, maybe your posture is bad and its pinching something.
if you have a les paul, disregard the above.
Quote by maccas666
Only in the pit...

Well I figured the pit would have the highest concentration of people who sit in front of their computers with their guitars on their laps . . .
Quote by aaron6890
get a strap. stand and play, there ain't no shame in it boy!

I'm not ashamed of it, I just get tired of it, and I'd have to lean over to get to my keyboard.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Go to your nearest gay bar and ask for an ass massage. They'll take care of you.

Hmmm. You might be onto something.
Quote by thegrungyhippie
stand up and walk around a bit? adjust how you are sitting, maybe your posture is bad and its pinching something.
if you have a les paul, disregard the above.

It's an acoustic. I shift around in my seat, but it's an old chair, and the padding is kinda worn down.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Last edited by sSyLc at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by sSyLc
Well I figured the pit would have the highest concentration of people who sit in front of their computers with their guitars on their laps . . .

One man has never been so wrong, the pit isn't for guitarists, it's for those who gave up on life...

But seriously i got the same thing, just change your positioning or maybe get a new chair.
Quote by aaron6890
try sitting with your legs crossed, or indian style as my racist kindergarden teacher would call it.

ty, will try, but I still think I will get the ass pain.
Quote by metallhead
Get rid of the leg....

Then what would I lean my guitar on?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
umm..... stand?

Edit: you can't play a show sitting down anyways so might as well get used to standing
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by zigz407
umm..... stand?

For hours at a time? I do that enough at work.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.