So, now that i've got my amp coming, its time to start shopping for a guitar.
To start things out, there are some neccecaries, and some hopefuls on this guitar.
MUSTS:
1. GOOD floyd.
A good floyd is
Quality lisenced, or OFR
Quality lisencesed ones are: Schaller, Khaler, edge pro, edge lopro (not the crappy TRS), jackson licensed are OK, but not preffered. Also, i want to kinda avoid khalers at the same time, due to their inability to do pullups. I'd like the ability to pull up for vibrato possibilities
2. ATLEAST 22 frets, 24 is preferred, i want absolutely NO 21 fret suggestions, please.
3. HSS, or the ability to go HSS. I'm not sure about the ibanez RG's, but i dont think that you can go HSS from HSS, due to the lack of wood between the pickup and the neck.
HOPEFULS:
1. Maple neck, i would really like a maple neck.
I like Maple, Ebony, Rosewood, in that order. any neck is fine though, just kinda a preference thing.
2. Maple top of some sort, or atleast a interesting finish, for example the mirage finish on RG 1570's.
3. Non-gold hardware. In order, Chrome, black, gold
4. Bolt on, or neck thru. I really dont like set necks that much, and the inability to replace them after breakage is a pain.
5. Neck profile, semi thin. I guess, the thinner the better. I'd say no thicker than say, a fender or schecter neck. neck finish makes no difference to me.
6. Lets try to keep the abalone on the neck, example of c-1 hellraiser.

Lets keep it under 600, if possible, i'd definitely go used, and intend to. Pickups dont matter, as i would be replacing them in the future, probably. NO IBANEZ S! I can't really stress that enough. I really hate the feel of the bodies, they feel very thin.

What im looking at:
Charvel model [x]'s
some old jacksons
perhaps some older kramers?

I'm not too sure, thats why i've come here!
Thanks for reading my wall of text.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
you were in my other thread. the kramer i was talking about is very nice if you want a floyd. i basically got my guitar for the price of a floyd. it was 300 and theres a orig floyd on it and a seymour duncan. its from 85 and i got it off a guy i knew who traded for it or something. Its called a kramer focus and its substantially cheaper than berettas, but its very close. 22 frets. maple neck (yes maple, not aluminum) rosewood fretboard. it doesnt have the penis shaped headstock, but the banana instead. overall, it can do just about anything. (except jazz hahah)
oh i didnt see the hss part.
If you'd want that, you could just be a good "woodworker" i mean theres space. i just hate hss though. its like...either sss or hh. but whatever tickles your pickle.
Jacksons:
- King V
- Rhoads
- Dinky
- Warrior
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by ballroomofmars
oh i didnt see the hss part.
If you'd want that, you could just be a good "woodworker" i mean theres space. i just hate hss though. its like...either sss or hh. but whatever tickles your pickle.

wtf are you talking about with aluminum necks?!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I take it you want to play metal... I would definitely, definitely go with a Jackson based on what specifications you listed. Those are f*cking quality guitars.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by Infamou$17
I take it you want to play metal... I would definitely, definitely go with a Jackson based on what specifications you listed. Those are f*cking quality guitars.

I actually really dont play metal.
I play some shred, but a lot of blues, classic rock. A lot of rush type stuff.
I would be satisfied with HSH, but i could never not have a single coil neck pickup, unless i had 2 nice guitars...in this case, i dont.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Mas ayudan!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
go with a dk2. reliable LFR, pickups are a little weak but can be upgraded, and it look really nice. it has a bolt-on neck but the scallop the back so you arent obstructed while playing solos
Just get a Dean, your problems will be solved. Deans have the best Floyd you can get without buying the actual, expensive Floyd Rose bridge. FACT!
Quote by InVaZi0n
Just get a Dean, your problems will be solved. Deans have the best Floyd you can get without buying the actual, expensive Floyd Rose bridge. FACT!

Show me a dean with HSS pickups.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
figures, a dean fanboy.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Charvel options:
Model 6 (HSS, Floyd Rose, Neck Thru, Right around $600). No maple tops though, and I forget what the neck wood is. The bodies are poplar.
Charvel 650 XL/650 Custom (Jackson JT590/Schaller trem, Neck Thru, HSS) May be a bit out of your price range though, and I am unsure about maple tops on them.
Jackson Fusion Pro (Should be in your price range, has the JT590 and everything you want, plus a bolt on neck) It is Gibson scale though
Charvel 475 Plus (Like the Fusion Pro, but with a Standard Scale) Only 22 frets though.

Those are just a few off the top of my head
Quote by CJRocker
Charvel options:
Model 6 (HSS, Floyd Rose, Neck Thru, Right around $600). No maple tops though, and I forget what the neck wood is. The bodies are poplar.
Charvel 650 XL/650 Custom (Jackson JT590/Schaller trem, Neck Thru, HSS) May be a bit out of your price range though, and I am unsure about maple tops on them.
Jackson Fusion Pro (Should be in your price range, has the JT590 and everything you want, plus a bolt on neck) It is Gibson scale though
Charvel 475 Plus (Like the Fusion Pro, but with a Standard Scale) Only 22 frets though.

Those are just a few off the top of my head

thanks.
anyone know a good place to get a hold of older guitars other than ebay/craigslist?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^ Aside from those, I think pawn shops are your only option.

And FYI, old Kramer necks are pretty beefy. They're comfortable and fast, but definetely not thin...
Quote by T!AN
^ Aside from those, I think pawn shops are your only option.

And FYI, old Kramer necks are pretty beefy. They're comfortable and fast, but definetely not thin...

Ah, good to know, as i've never had the chance to play an old kramer. like, how thick? like gibson 50's neck profile? or not that thick
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^ My previous post came out sounding more exaggerated than I wanted it to. The necks only seem beefy compared to something like an Ibanez or other superstrat. The neck on the Kramer that I have is actually about the same thickness as my Epiphone Specials neck, though it does feel thinner because it shaped more comfortably for the hand.

I can take pictures if you want.
Re: Kahler- a Kahler trem isn't a Floyd by a longshot. (Unless you find an 80's/90's Kahler licensed Floyd Rose, but then you'd obviously be able to pull up)
Quote by Pikka Bird
Re: Kahler- a Kahler trem isn't a Floyd by a longshot. (Unless you find an 80's/90's Kahler licensed Floyd Rose, but then you'd obviously be able to pull up)

Isnt a kahler double locking though?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Lol at TC... he thinks kahlers are FRs lol. they are infact not FRs and u CAN do pull ops
Quote by devit
Lol at TC... he thinks kahlers are FRs lol. they are infact not FRs and u CAN do pull ops

Ok, i know what a khaler looks like, and it looks NOTHING like a FR. Maybe i should have said DOUBLE LOCKING BRIDGE. It achieves that same thing as a FR, sorry i didnt specify for you. I didnt know that you could do pullups though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I'd say a Schecter C-1 FR. $500 new, reliable licensed floyd, Active duncan designed, bolt on 24 fret maple neck w/ rosewood fretboard, mahogany body.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd say a Schecter C-1 FR. $500 new, reliable licensed floyd, Active duncan designed, bolt on 24 fret maple neck w/ rosewood fretboard, mahogany body.

I guess, thanks for the suggestion, but did you even read the first post? :S
It NEEDS to be HSS.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer