If I wanted to achieve a hard rock styled distorted tone (AC/DC,Van Hallen) would it be best to use my amp's drive channel and tinker with the drive settings or run my amp on its clean channel and have my guitar running through some overdrive pedal?
probably just the amps drive channel, or maybe the amps drive channel with a bit of a boost with an OD pedal?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Well if you want that AC-DC sound just crank the clean channel.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Drive channel with OD like a tubescreamer
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
I have another question about distortion. If all you need is the drive channel, then why do I see many guitarist have 3 or so different pedals all hooked up to their guitars?
Last edited by Fender_Fever at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by Fender_Fever
i have another ?. If all you need is the drive channel, then why do I see so many guitars have 3 or so different pedals all hooked up to their guitars?

Cranking the EVJ doesn't yield the metaltone that I want, so a tubescreamer is needed. It depends on how distorted you want.
Quote by Fender_Fever
I have another question about distortion. If all you need is the drive channel, then why do I see so many guitars have 3 or so different pedals all hooked up to their guitars?

Those are OD pedals, Flangers, Delays, EQ's, Octave pedals, Homebrew stuff, Fuzz, and all sorts of other stuff... If its a good amp there ususally not running a distortion pedal....
Dude, with a Fender amp it would probely be a better hard rock sound ith a pedal. By the way, the OCD pwns. Get it if you can.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan