Word, so I'm going snowboarding tomorrow with some friends that have been going a while and I haven't gone in like 3 years. I'm going to have to keep up with them, so what are some things I'll have to remember while boarding?

I skateboard pretty decently, tre flips, sometimes. I'm not too bad so I'm pretty natural at balance.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Me too
I'm going with my class and girlfriend.
I must learn some tricks of the trade. Haven't done this since last winter!
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
I'm nervous lol.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Okay ^..

Like if I feel I'm going too fast, would I do a skateboarding "Powerslide" move and skid on my side while leaning back?

lucky bitches, my season is over, but some quick tips for you guys 1. try to stay on one edge at a time, unless approaching a jump or rail, otherwise your highly susceptible to catching an edge. 2. should you hit any jumps or rails its generally better to go too fast rather than too slow, as you may miss the landing/not make the gap. 3. during a turn once you are going pretty much straight down is when you should change the edge you're on. thats the basic tips i have, if your more specific i could probably help more.
Quote by tr3nt
Okay ^..

Like if I feel I'm going too fast, would I do a skateboarding "Powerslide" move and skid on my side while leaning back?

ya that will work, make sure you go on your heel edge when doing so (assuming your facing the bottom of the hill during your "powerslide")
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
riding a snowboard is like riding a bike, if you were any good three years ago you'll be fine
and skateboarding doesnt make you much better on a snowboard..... knowing tre flips doesnt really help when your binded into the board haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
riding a snowboard is like riding a bike, if you were any good three years ago you'll be fine
and skateboarding doesnt make you much better on a snowboard..... knowing tre flips doesnt really help when your binded into the board haha

Yeah I know haha, I was just implying I'm used to being on a board and using my balance.

and poster above ^ we won't be doing any tricks haha.

Quote by rhcpwhitey
lucky bitches, my season is over, but some quick tips for you guys 1. try to stay on one edge at a time, unless approaching a jump or rail, otherwise your highly susceptible to catching an edge. 2. should you hit any jumps or rails its generally better to go too fast rather than too slow, as you may miss the landing/not make the gap. 3. during a turn once you are going pretty much straight down is when you should change the edge you're on. thats the basic tips i have, if your more specific i could probably help more.

eh yea but dont go sideways the whole time, then you go too slow and get in the way. i try to stay off my edges unless i have to..... then again ive been riding for like 8 years

dude what was i talking about in your signature, i get high and go on UG and dont remember anything i post haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
For clothing what should I wear?

Do I need like huge snowpants?

I got a terrain park at the place I'm going to. The hill is just basically a hill... I'm gonna be in the terrain park all day.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
"Do a barrel roll!"
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
Quote by Saje
"Do a barrel roll!"

Yeah I'll barrel roll down the black, or most advanced hills I'm going to be forced down tomorrow.

Quote by tr3nt
For clothing what should I wear?

Do I need like huge snowpants?

It would help to wear waterproof stuff, and if it's cold wear thermals and layers.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
eh ok.

1.pizza
2.french fries

...oh wait that's skiing
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by rage6945
eh yea but dont go sideways the whole time, then you go too slow and get in the way. i try to stay off my edges unless i have to..... then again ive been riding for like 8 years

dude what was i talking about in your signature, i get high and go on UG and dont remember anything i post haha

what i meant was even when you're going straight down try to still stay on one edge to avoid catching the other one, not necessarily riding sideways all the way down. as for the signature it had something to do with how a guy didn't want to hookup with girls that have braces cuz getting head would hurt, you were saying to just **** them instead
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy