Page 1 of 2
and abiogenesis, are correct, then how bout this

say, the big bang happened, bla bla bla, billions of trillions stars and planets formed, and we(humans) evolved into what we are now....

heres the deal:
Seeing that there are a lot lot lot of planets in the universe, it "MUST" be possible that life in some of these planets might have developed, just as we humans did. So... lets say that in a planet, life evolved into really really intelligent life, lets say that im one of those life forms living in that planet, and that in my planet, we are so advanced, that we can travel anywhere in the universe and almost anyone on the planet has acces to this kind of technology and much more(such as being able to percieve life, such as humans, in other planets) and to be able to get in no time where humans live really really easy). So i feel like i want to invade/destroy humans and their planet earth, so i go and accomplish what i wanted...

This may seem like an almost impossible idea, but remember that there is a very big chance that it could happen(IF EVOLUTON AND ABIOGENESIS ARE TRUE), because there are more planets in the space than the number of all the sand grains in earth...just think about it

ps. i use abiogenesis as an example of a theory of the beginning of life, so its not neccesarly abiogenesis in this case, it may be another theory or hypothesis aswell

so the question is, if evolution is correct, dont you think this have to had already happened?
Last edited by lp_breaker at Mar 9, 2008,
Yeah i agree. i have been thinking about that alot lately. haha i bet there watching us right now and laughing at our stupid ass world
Imagine the solar system around Canis Majoris. Largest star known to us, if it's surrounded by equally large planets. Are the aliens also monstrously huge???
well, there IS/WAS life other than humans on other planets. Mars has dried up beaches, and apparently Titan's under-the-ice-environment is like our oceans.

But, what we perceive as "intelligent life" is unimaginable right now because we [apparently] have no proof of the existence of extraterrestrials visiting Earth or any other planet in the solar system for that matter. And we base this off our own human intelligence, so bah...

Damn government and the 26(?) levels of confidentiality.
So after thinking this through did you alien proof your home? I know I would.
So it goes.
Quote by bassandcello

*puts on tin foil hat*

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Imagine the solar system around Canis Majoris. Largest star known to us, if it's surrounded by equally large planets. Are the aliens also monstrously huge???

yes
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
Quote by bassandcello

Man, i've been wearing my tinfoil hat ever since that dam 2012 conspiracy thread.
well unless their life forms started to develop way before our planet got to a state of hospitality, what makes you think they've gotten more advanced than we have in this amount of time?
Something that I read in the book:
It can't be true, because a species that base themselves on war and destruction, would destroy themselves before achieving that kind of technology.
That's why we should shutdown the NASA .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It's almost 100% certain that there is some sort of other life in the universe. The environmental requirements to support life, combined with the huge number of planets and solar systems out there, gives a very, very high chance of other life. However the odds of us ever, EVER actually finding any of these places are astronomically low, near impossible(but not quite).
Quote by The Blind Man
It's almost 100% certain that there is some sort of other life in the universe. The environmental requirements to support life, combined with the huge number of planets and solar systems out there, gives a very, very high chance of other life. However the odds of us ever, EVER actually finding any of these places are astronomically low, near impossible(but not quite).

There was found a planet similar to earth only a bit after Pluto.
EDIT: Or I may be confused and talking BS.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by bassandcello

My tin foil hat is standing by at the ready.
Quote by urik
There was found a planet similar to earth only a bit after Pluto.
EDIT: Or I may be confused and talking BS.

you might. I have never heard of such a thing so close to earth. Then again, I may be confused and talking BS.
There's always the chance that the evolution of intelligent life or even basic life forms on Earth was a complete coincidence that had an astronomically low probability of happening and may never happen again in the universe ever.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
you might. I have never heard of such a thing so close to earth. Then again, I may be confused and talking BS.

Mmmh.
I just researched a bit. There was indeed found a planet similar to earth.

It's 20 light years away from us .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by lp_breaker
so the question is, if evolution existed, dont you think this have to had already happened?

Are you a creationist trying to stump intelligent people? Of course it shouldn't have already happened. It's entirely possible and highly likely that there is intelligent life out there somewhere. Why we should assume that there are bloodthirsty geek aliens bent on universal domination out there I cannot understand. By your logic there will be another bloodthirsty, even geekier alien squad to destroy the other squad, and so on.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by urik
Mmmh.
I just researched a bit. There was indeed found a planet similar to earth.

It's 20 light years away from us .

The one where's there's supposedly so much water that the water at the bottom of its giant oceans is compacted to the point of solidity?
so the question is, if evolution existed, dont you think this have to had already happened?

If evolution exists, it IS happening, not HAD happened.

Evolution isn't just some random change in something every X-years. It's a gradual change that is meant to deal with the environment and situations at hand.

I mean, sharks have been evolving since before the dinosaurs...they were MASSIVE back millions of years. Now they're a reasonable size, but faster and more efficient hunters, instead of big bulky fish eaters.

*thinks about how much this thread is beginning to look like a creationism vs. evolution thread*
Quote by AA00P
The one where's there's supposedly so much water that the water at the bottom of its giant oceans is compacted to the point of solidity?

Mmh no idea :\

http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMDJ3NZCIE_index_0.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=450467&in_page_id=1965
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Reminder to everyone to talk about the vastness of the universe, not if evolution is better than creationsism or not

It will be reported if it turns to that.

/badass threat
Quote by Muphin
. Why we should assume that there are bloodthirsty geek aliens bent on universal domination out there I cannot understand. .

because there is a really big chance(if evolution is correct) taking in consideration the massive amount of planets in the universe, giving birth to many styles of life, some may be bloodthirsty, otheres peacufel and so on.

btw im just giving my toughts, and hey if u agree with evolution, ok i respect your beliefs
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Reminder to everyone to talk about the vastness of the universe, not if evolution is better than creationsism or not

It will be reported if it turns to that.

/badass threat

SeveralSpecies. Being a badass MOFO since 1989.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
SeveralSpecies. Being a badass MOFO since 1989.

I will NOT sig that!

Profile peeker!
Quote by lp_breaker
i respect your beliefs

I don't believe, I understand.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
This thread is the perfect opportunity to post the picture of white text on black saying how both evolution and creationism theories are hilarious...unfortunately I do not have that such picture.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
This thread is the perfect opportunity to post the picture of white text on black saying how both evolution and creationism theories are hilarious...unfortunately I do not have that such picture.

evolution is not a story of how things were created. It's a process of how things change over time.

BACK TO THE VASTNESS OF THE UNIVERSE.

IT IS HUGE! Behold! The greatest deepspace photo ever:

Every spec in this photo is a galaxy

Tell me there isn't any life out there.
Quote by dudey5691
not necessarily...

I "understand" organized religion, but I'm an odium theist (don't believe in organized religion) with mormon and natural theist views

cool, swell, really.

Oh hey look at the picture I posted! What do you think???
Quote by SeveralSpecies
evolution is not a story of how things were created. It's a process of how things change over time.

I am well aware of what both evolution and creationism are, and I was not saying they were the same thing, I was saying someone should post one picture that I saw on here before that at the top was something like :"The Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing. Then it exploded into a rock." and then there's another one similar for like a Christian point of view. I wasn't saying that evolution was a story of how things were created, and I do not know how you derived that from my first post.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
I am well aware of what both evolution and creationism are, and I was not saying they were the same thing, I was saying someone should post one picture that I saw on here before that at the top was something like :"The Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing. Then it exploded into a rock." and then there's another one similar for like a Christian point of view. I wasn't saying that evolution was a story of how things were created, and I do not know how you derived that from my first post.

Well you must not know evolution TOO much if you think it's the same thing as the Big Bang.

Stop talking about this!!!
Quote by SeveralSpecies

thats why i included an example of beginning-of-life theory(abiogenesis) at the beginning
Page 1 of 2