my dad and i did this mod for the ds-1 and we put it in ase mode only (replace d5 w. led) and put it back together.

Everything seems to be working (plug both leads in and it lights up if u press down) but no sound gets to the amp. I checked the battery, both leads and its not them.

Any clue whats wrong?

http://www.geocities.com/overdrivespider/DS1/keeleyds1.htm#clips
Is the LED oriented properly? Anything touching that shouldn't be? I can't really think of anything other than the obvious so I would just double check everything that you changed. Also, make sure it's the pedal that's not working and not something else in your setup.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by rageandlove04
Is the LED oriented properly? Anything touching that shouldn't be? I can't really think of anything other than the obvious so I would just double check everything that you changed. Also, make sure it's the pedal that's not working and not something else in your setup.

It won't matter which way the LED is in, it will work either way - it just won't sound that crash hot if it's the wrong way.
Check nothing is earthing out when you put the enclosure together. Leave the jacks in and test it out of the enclosure.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
ok well now its working but when i palm mute chords it sounds really ...bla..it just fuzzes really bad and makes it quieter. Im thinkiing it could be b.c one of the components are touching the metal part so im gonna try to fix it
Last edited by guitarbite.fire at Mar 9, 2008,