Name chords that you think work well with full G and F chords that also provide a sad tone with the music.
C#
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Well... not quite sure what you mean, but G Maj and F Maj would lead me to believe you're in the key of C?

Am, Dm and Em would all work fine and add that minor/sad feeling I guess?
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
I suppose I didn't really mention a key or anything, but really I'm just looking for any chord(s) that work well with G major and F major, if that makes any more sense than before.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
I dont really see how one minor chord/key is "sadder" than another

pretty sure it is a reference from the movie "spinal tap".
E7, Dm, Am, Cmaj7, G7
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by DarTHie
E7, Dm, Am, Cmaj7, G7

I don't have a guitar with me to try it, but how would the dominant 7's give a "sad" tone? Also, what key is that in?
Gmajor and Fmajor are in the key of Cmajor,

Therefore, Cmajor, Dminor, Eminor, Fmajor, Gmajor and Aminor would work fine together.

If you wanted it to sound minor, just use the home/root chord is Aminor (start on Aminor)
Quote by Avedas
I don't have a guitar with me to try it, but how would the dominant 7's give a "sad" tone? Also, what key is that in?

Well try it.

Threadstarter's chords are in C Major/ A Minor. I'm borrowing E7 from A harmonic minor .
Try playing F E7 Am and tell me how it sounds.

And, yeah, G7 is in C Major.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by StJimmy88
Name chords that you think work well with full G and F chords that also provide a sad tone with the music.

chords are chords. They contain no emotion whatsoever. If you want to play something that sounds sad.... you have to feel that emotion in the 1st place and find a way to express it through your music.

Any chord can sound sad depending on the context.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
I dont really see how one minor chord/key is "sadder" than another

I know why they think this. Dm is actually no sadder than any other minor chord. However, when playing open chords, the open shape of Dm is sadder sounding than the other minor open chords. This is caused by the arrangements of the notes in the chord. The order of most of the notes do not matter, only the highest and lowest notes. The lowest note tends to add or remove stability, while the highest note will emphasis tonality. In the Dm shape, the highest note is an F, which is the third of a Dm triad. This is the note which differentiates the chord from Dmaj, which would have an F# rather than the F, hence F gives Dm its minor tonality. Since this note is the highest note in the chord, it is the easiest for our ears to hear, which causes us to notice the tonality much more than in say, Em (open shape), where the third (G) is the third highest note of the chord.

Therefore if you want a sadder sounding chord, make sure that the highest note is the minor third.