So... finally nearing the purchasing stage of my quest for the B-52 AT112.

The only place I found that will supposedly ship to Canada that has it for a decent price is music123. After talking to my parents about how were going to pay etc, I call them and ask for a quote with shipping. The guy on the phone tells me theres a blemished going for 467. Great I think. I ask him how much it would cost to ship to Canada, he says to check the FedEx website. I thought he was one of those lazy customer service agents so I call back again. Now this time, the guy I call says music123 has never shipped to Canada or anywhere other than the US, which goes completely against what their site says:

Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico can only be shipped via air services. Additional shipping charges will apply.

I call back again, getting a different person. Before I mention the amp, I ask him if they would ship to Canada, he says yes, that they would drop it off at customs and get FedEx to take it from there. Then he asks me what amp, I tell him the B-52, and ask him whether that will ship to Canada, he says no. He continues to say that the amps that will ship to Canada should have a Canadian Flag beside the price.

Wait a second. Music123s website doesnt have any Canadian flags on any of their products, thats musiciansfriend.

I know music123 is owned by musiciansfriend, but to have people from the 2 different retailers answering the same phones is messed up.

Now I'm stuck with the amazing deal of $600 dollars new + tax from axemusic.com rather than 467 + shipping. I could search around Seattle but jeez the border waits are never less that 3/4 hours around here.

Way to **** over Canadian customers music123..
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
yeah I think music 123 stopped shipping to canada all together. I know my buddy ordered some symbols from there a few years ago now he's pissed he can't get anything else... but it it makes you feel any better after shipping, duty, and provincial tax that 467 would probably be pretty close to $600. I ordered a guitar off Musicians friend not to long ago, it was priced at $579, after everything I think I payed just under $800 for it.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
yeah I think music 123 stopped shipping to canada all together. I know my buddy ordered some symbols from there a few years ago now he's pissed he can't get anything else... but it it makes you feel any better after shipping, duty, and provincial tax that 467 would probably be pretty close to $600. I ordered a guitar off Musicians friend not to long ago, it was priced at $579, after everything I think I payed just under $800 for it.

Where are you at in Canada?

I didnt know they could charge provincial tax from the US
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by FRDesign
Canada sucks for musical stuff. I cannot find an f-ing valveking anywhere.

If you happen to be in Vancouver there are a lot of places that carry the ValveKing. Too bad thats not what I'm looking for.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by FRDesign
Canada sucks for musical stuff. I cannot find an f-ing valveking anywhere.

Iceland sucks for musical stuff! there are just like 7 brands of amps here....

But back on topic Music123 only ships cetrain brands outside the US, somewhere on the site you can see what brands they don´t ship
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Last edited by stebbic at Mar 9, 2008,
How far are you from the border?

If you know somebody close to the border in the US you could ship to them and then pick it up yourself?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
haha, sorry to laugh.. but thats sad. They ship to Ireland for gods sake? why not canada?
Quote by stebbic
Iceland sucks for musical stuff! there are just like 7 brands of amps here....

Yeah, but you've got vodka drinking Viking babes, so it all works out.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ Do they seriously ship to Ireland but not Canada? Thats messed up
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by slatsmania
Yeah, but you've got vodka drinking Viking babes, so it all works out.

Yeah and we don't have to be 18 years old to have sex, it's 14 here! xD (don't know if that's something to brag about or maybe it's a little sick... )
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
Yeah and we don't have to be 18 years old to have sex, it's 14 here! xD (don't know if that's something to brag about or maybe it's a little sick... )

haha like anyone respects that
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by cmakkidguitar
^ Do they seriously ship to Ireland but not Canada? Thats messed up

Yup! My friend has been ordering off them like theirs no tomorow because of the doller rate
^ That sounds like a plan
Do they ship to Engerland?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by stevenexp
www.lamusic.ca there you go.

They dont carry B-52. Some of their stuff is pretty over priced aswell. They sell the Bugera 333XL for $839 bucks :/

Im going to call again and harass them this time. Ill mention the Ireland stuff.

Quote by stilleto
it doesnt mention canada in the outer 48 states shipping.

You didnt read it properly,

They mean outside of the 48 states, Alaska, Puerto Rico, etc, air shipping is available.

Quote by Gabel
How far are you from the border?

If you know somebody close to the border in the US you could ship to them and then pick it up yourself?

Im actually 15 minutes away from a border. Too bad even on weekdays the wait is never less than 3 hours. I also dont know anyone near the border.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Last edited by mike.h at Mar 9, 2008,
I am willing to sell you my AT-112 for $400
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
My parents dont like the idea of buying used lol... they're pretty old. They'll only buy through a store anyways, sorry.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I was hoping I finally found someone to sell this amp to. I need the money to get a 2x12
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by mike.h
If you happen to be in Vancouver there are a lot of places that carry the ValveKing. Too bad thats not what I'm looking for.
Yeah, I'm basically in Vancouver. Where can you get one?
Quote by FRDesign
Yeah, I'm basically in Vancouver. Where can you get one?

Theres a store in Langley called Act1. They sell it for $400, ask them to match it with the axemusic.com price. Theres also R&R Music in Vancouver, they sell it for like $440. Just google Act 1 music and R&R music for the websites.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Theres a store in Langley called Act1. They sell it for $400, ask them to match it with the axemusic.com price. Theres also R&R Music in Vancouver, they sell it for like $440. Just google Act 1 music and R&R music for the websites.
Thanks man. $400 is what Musicians freind sells it for.

Ill have to go in the next few days and test it out. My schools on the other side of the ferry in maple ridge, so thats easy to get to.
Quote by mike.h
They dont carry B-52. Some of their stuff is pretty over priced aswell. They sell the Bugera 333XL for $839 bucks :/

Im going to call again and harass them this time. Ill mention the Ireland stuff.

You didnt read it properly,

They mean outside of the 48 states, Alaska, Puerto Rico, etc, air shipping is available.

Im actually 15 minutes away from a border. Too bad even on weekdays the wait is never less than 3 hours. I also dont know anyone near the border.

Ah that sucks, otherwise that would have worked.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009