2 15%
Visual Sound
1 8%
Digitech
0 0%
Rocktron
0 0%
Voters: 13.
so I am really in need of a new distortion/overdrive because i have started a new band, we play mostly any metal genre, but i want a pedal that can play metal ,classic rock,blues and ofcourse one of my favourite JAZZ-FUSION so ive come down these:

EHX Metal Muff
Damage Control Solid Metal
Mesa Boogie V-Twin
Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde
Digitech DF-7
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Ive personally mostly think i will go with the mesa pedal( because theyre amp rocks)
but dont if i can trust the one they sell on Ebay?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
Quote by bc-rich-lover
so I am really in need of a new distortion/overdrive because i have started a new band, we play mostly any metal genre, but i want a pedal that can play metal ,classic rock,blues and ofcourse one of my favourite JAZZ-FUSION so ive come down these:

EHX Metal Muff
Damage Control Solid Metal
Mesa Boogie V-Twin
Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde
Digitech DF-7
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Ive personally mostly think i will go with the mesa pedal( because theyre amp rocks)
but dont if i can trust the one they sell on Ebay?

There pedal sounds nothing like there amp. It is a very nice pedal but if your looking for mesa in a box it isn't that.. Research it a bit before you decide there a few soundclips online..
Damage control demonizer has some seriously crushing metal tones. Give it a look.

At the end of the day your going to have to test out the pedal your looking for and decide for yourself.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
musiciansfriend.com has a lot of pedals with sound clips so check there

for metal specifically i would recomend the Boss DS1... has a decent range and is generally low feedback... for the biggest range of metal sound though the Digitech Metal Master is pretty damn awsome but its a bit of a challenge to minimize feedback
IMO the EHX Metal Muff is the best non boutique metal distortion on the market, the EQ gives it amazing versatility and the top boost is great for solos.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm