What do you guys use for 7 string tunings? I'm finding B standard is a bit too low. Loss of clarity on the bass strings. So I tuned it to C standard.

I'm new to 7 string so is tuning to C standard a stupid thing to do? I also don't much like the feel of the fatter strings, so I'm using a weird string combo.

Kevin
man seven strings are all about that low ballsy tone , maybe your pick ups are to blame for the muddyness what axe is it?
B-standard. It shouldn't be muddy with those pickups though. strange...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Tuning up usually it isn't a great idea. If you want to use C-Standard, you could just use a capo on the 1st fret.

Still B-Standard on a 7-string shouldn't be muddy, so it could be your pick-ups or amp settings or maybe an effect causing that.
it should become muddy if you go down to G and such, but B? Dial up the mids a little bit on your amp and lower some of the bass.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Why isn't tuning up a good idea? The reason I ask is this.

Regular 6 string, standard tuning is E-standard.

If I'm tuning to C standard that's still much less tension on the neck, even with the additional string isn't it?
is your second heaviest string C or the lowest?

I think that may be the misconception
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
My 7th string FAT is the C note. Everything is tuned off of that like a regular guitar
5-5-5-5-5-4-5

Is that not how your supposed to tune 7 string? Keep in mind I have no clue what I'm doing. 1st 7 string.
Tuning UP to C standard would be pretty stupid. With a 7 string, you normally tune to anything C by tuning down - i.e. GCxxxxx. BEADGBE is the standard. If you're having "loss of clarity" on your low B, then, seeing how your pickups are proably fine, I'll blame your amp.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Tuning UP to C standard would be pretty stupid. With a 7 string, you normally tune to anything C by tuning down - i.e. GCxxxxx. BEADGBE is the standard. If you're having "loss of clarity" on your low B, then, seeing how your pickups are proably fine, I'll blame your amp.

+1. Or EQ, if you haven't adjusted it yet.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Mesa boogie 2:100 power amp / mesa studio rectifier preamp.

Have the gain maxxed, treble at 2:00 Mid at 1:00 Bass at 3:00 presence maxxed.

So what is the tuning for C standard? Are there any websites that list the common seven string tunings?

What do most people use? BEADGBE?
B standard on a 7 string it just E standard with an added string. Your amp probably is the problem.
Quote by Masonpwiley
B standard on a 7 string it just E standard with an added string. Your amp probably is the problem.

Yeah, I realize that. For me, it's seeming too low for my liking.

I wanted to go to C on the 7th string and tune the rest up but I guess that might be too much tension on the neck?
I've tuned to C before. I actually liked it quite a bit. If I had the money I'd buy another 7 string for tuning to C.

If I were you I would get strings guaged from 9 or 10- 56+. You might be losing some punch because you have a 50 as the low b.

The amp definatly isn't to blame. If anything is to blame rig wise I would blame the cab.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Seems like a solid rig.

I'd try a bigger B string, they hold more tension, should be snappier.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio