wow
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
That looks gorgeous... I have some (minor) issues, though: EMG Select? Hmmm... And that FR rout seems excessively spaceous towards the rear. Other than that... fork it over! (and show us some more angles)
Looks sweet, well done! I'd go with Active EMG's but its always something you can change at a later stage.
very nice. totally diggin' the stripe.

you are leaving it natural, I assume?
------

Shwiggity.
That is very nice indeed, MOAR pics!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
man that is a beast, get some more pictures man !
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
nice ibanez edge! thanks

and thanks to everyone else. Yes I am leaving it natural..

I went with EMG select pickups becuase they are cheap, and they have just a couple ohms less output than the HZ's do. I will most likely swap them out later for something else.

And the rout for the floyd cavity is pretty far back, but it doesn't really matter :P

again, thanks for the comments.
Woah, that looks pretty sweet man. The stripes look awesome in those pics.
Thanks, I edited the first post with a link to my thread on PG forums, if you want you can look at all the photos there.
are those paua inlays ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
are those paua inlays ?

The inlays are Green Abalone
Quote by thedonutman
Looks great. Those offset dots looks awesome.

1. How did you taper the fretboard, what tools did you use?
2. and what did you use to taper the neck after you attached the (already tapered?) fretboard?

Thanks.

1. To taper the fretboard I made a jig on for the table saw, just a box that fits over the fence, then I stuck a straight piece of wood onto the fretboard on an angle I drew on the fretboard for the taper and used that as a guide along the jig

2. To get the neck flush with the fretboard taper I use a router with a template bit and used the fretboard as a template for it to follow. You can also use some scrapers if you don't have access to a router with a template bit.
Progress, go to use a fret bender and fret press for this guitar. (took off about 1-2 hours of fret work!). Inlays also done, doing side dots after I get the frets flush with the fretboard.

Output jack hole;
Looks good man. keep up the good work, and remember:

Measure Twice, Cut Once.

------

Shwiggity.
Thanks. The fingerboard is Purpleheart, body is Mahogany, and the neck is Maple and walnut.

Loving it... The headstock is a little Ormsby-ish, is it not?

...Helloooo, lawsuit.
I dunno man, I think it looks a bit more like one of Perry's. Observe:

Minor details surely, but I still think there's less ESP in it than Ormsby. Not that it really matters- they're both rather pretty.
either way, I'm sure one custom guitar maker won't mind another custom guitar maker borrowing.

and yes, they are all quite attractive.
------

Shwiggity.
Actually, a guitar builder over here (you may have heard of John Suhr) was getting testy about another guy (Peter Rahbek) who was making a headstock that was similar to the one he'd been using for years. It was quite ridiculous, really. Especially since the headstock in question was also used by Kramer way back...

But I can't see Perry getting his knickers in a knot over this, no.
i suppose ormsby wouldnt mind becuase its not like its a production line. its one guitar made by one man for himself, (i think)
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Hes not rippin off perry Im sure like hes not going to start callin his guitars gormsbys :P

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Go for it dude. "My" 6 in line headstock is actually more Jackson than ESP. But, ESP did kinda take inspiration from Jackson... although there are no similar lines or angles.

My 3 per side headstock is Trademarked, this one isnt.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by lctdmf at Apr 28, 2008,