Heres the deal. I'm gonna do the front side of my guitar in a translucent coat of black so i can see the grain, and the then the back with a heavy black so the grain is no visible. Then the whole thing will need to have a laquer on it. Just need some adviace on what paints/laquer to use, where i can get them and how to go about the job. Any help would be much apreciated!

Thanks
Try doing some looking around before you post threads in the future.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I just got the best spray on lacquer from the local hardware store, worked a treat. It said on the side that for best results, sand lightly after first layer of laquer, then apply a second layer. I dont recommend this. Best to apply the first laquer, wait for it to dry, then apply the second with no sanding in between.
Quote by priceless_twirp
Try thinking about being "Helpful" on a "Help me" thread in the future...

dude if you looked around before you posted you would of got the answer god some people are thick

thats answers all your questions and also there is another thread around wherre you can buy good quality paint

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by KISSguitarist
dude if you looked around before you posted you would of got the answer god some people are thick

thats answers all your questions and also there is another thread around wherre you can buy good quality paint

If i had looked around and found the answer already then i wouldnt even need to post would i. What would be the point
Quote by priceless_twirp
If i had looked around and found the answer already then i wouldnt even need to post would i. What would be the point

That's what we're saying, obviously. Look before you start a thread - chances are it's been covered and extensively answered many, many a time.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
That's what we're saying, obviously. Look before you start a thread - chances are it's been covered and extensively answered many, many a time.

Man, if this dude would've just answered the question, he could have saved himself a few extra posts and several words. Some people don't know what to look for--especially nervous people beginning a huge project. Sometimes it's easier to just ask. It's also much more mature to "kindly" remind people of other threads they can get the info from--that is what they were after.
Quote by avianoguitarist
Man, if this dude would've just answered the question, he could have saved himself a few extra posts and several words. Some people don't know what to look for--especially nervous people beginning a huge project. Sometimes it's easier to just ask. It's also much more mature to "kindly" remind people of other threads they can get the info from--that is what they were after.

It's at the fucking top of the first page of the forums, how much more obvious does it need to be?
I was blunt, but I wasn't rude - I also answered his question.
Quote by the_random_hero
It's at the fucking top of the first page of the forums, how much more obvious does it need to be?
I was blunt, but I wasn't rude - I also answered his question.

...neither is this.