So I was just playing with pretty much .3 volume, then the amp just made a bang and it stopped working. Um... What could cause that? Peavey VK212.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
The fuse blew?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
The fuse blew?

I'm hoping so, I've been surfing this forum tryin to find an answer. I took out the fuse on the back of the Amp, but I can't tell if it's blown or not, it's just a white fuse. But I guess there are other fuses, I just can't find where they are. Any ideas?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
take it to an amp tech before you make it worse. sounds like you don't know much about amps. Better to hand it over then lose your amp permanently. :P
Quote by stevenexp
take it to an amp tech before you make it worse. sounds like you don't know much about amps. Better to hand it over then lose your amp permanently. :P

I don't know too much, but I know what not to rip apart that will break something, haha.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Does the fuse have black marks or anything?

Check the valves as well.

No, but you can't really tell on a Ceramic fuse can you? Unless you run tests on it.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Just put in a new bloody fuse and fire it up again! If it made a loud 'bang' it could be the caps, or even a fried output transformer (let's hope not!).
Check all your tubes as well, especially since a blown fuse often indicates that your output valves are drawing too much current, and thus need replacement.
Quote by kyle62
Just put in a new bloody fuse and fire it up again! If it made a loud 'bang' it could be the caps, or even a fried output transformer (let's hope not!).
Check all your tubes as well, especially since a blown fuse often indicates that your output valves are drawing too much current, and thus need replacement.

How should I check for these things?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I can't find a Ceramic 5amp 250v fuse anywhere... Any suggestions? I've gone to Checkers Auto Parts, Radio Shack, and Menards. They only have 10, 15, and 20 in ceramics.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
put aluminum foil over your fuse and put it back in. If its blown this will make the amp start working. Now this isnt safe to use full time. Just do it once and see if it works just to tell if if you need to go buy another fuse or not. Thats what i did with my 5150. And it was the fuse gone bad.
Quote by paranormal5150
put aluminum foil over your fuse and put it back in. If its blown this will make the amp start working. Now this isnt safe to use full time. Just do it once and see if it works just to tell if if you need to go buy another fuse or not. Thats what i did with my 5150. And it was the fuse gone bad.

Well, when I went to Checkers I had the guy check the fuse for me and he said it was blown.

I went to radioshack but they don't carry a 5amp 250v fuse in ceramic, only glass. Is there a difference?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10