Poll: Chips: Vegetable or no?
Poll Options
View poll results: Chips: Vegetable or no?
Yes
62 37%
No
104 63%
Voters: 166.
Page 1 of 2
It never works when i tell people they are. They're still the same thing. It's not like fish is no longer meat because you boil it like vegetables. And if they're not, then why is that asian deep frying of vegetables (whose name escapes me) still called vegetables?

discuss.
Its potato, course its vegetable.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Fish is not classified as meat.

Potatoes are vegetables, but the way in which they are prepared (ie soaked in fat) makes them less like vegetables nutrition-wise

People refuse to accept Ketchup as a vegetable, even if you make it yourself without chemicals.
Something can be a junk food and a vegetable, junk food is the way something is prepared not what it was or what it ends, it's the process in between.
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
Quote by sashki

Potatoes are vegetables, but the way in which they are prepared (ie soaked in fat) makes them less like vegetables nutrition-wise

People refuse to accept Ketchup as a vegetable, even if you make it yourself without chemicals.

bold statement. expand?
is a halloween latnern a vegtable yes . the answer is yes, lock it in. im locking in a) yes. yes lock it in, im 85 % sure, lock it in
Quote by fretsonfire74
bold statement. expand?

some vegetarians eat fish, and seeing as tho being a vegetarian means you dont eat MEAT, then fish isnt classed as meat
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
some vegetarians eat fish, and seeing as tho being a vegetarian means you dont eat MEAT, then fish isnt classed as meat

that doesn't make sense. i could go carniverous but still eat fruit because the stuff you actually eat is called flesh. Dude, it's meat. It's just for pussy vegetarians who can't go without meat.
Quote by fretsonfire74
bold statement. expand?

Honestly, I've always seen them classified as different things. Theoretically, it is meat, cos it's made from the body of an animal, but it's not really considered to be that.
Same way caviar is not considered as eggs.
Quote by sashki
Honestly, I've always seen them classified as different things. Theoretically, it is meat, cos it's made from the body of an animal, but it's not really considered to be that.
Same way caviar is not considered as eggs.

i consider it as eggs. What do you classify it as?
hmmmmm every time that day where you're not supposed to eat meat because jesus said everyone I know that is over the age of 30 eats fish. I prefer a nice juicy steak though because jesus was a bitch.
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
CAVIAR IS ****EN EGGS!

PEOPLE JUST SAY IT ISNT SO THEY CAN CHARGE REDICULOUS PRICES FOR IT, JUST LIKE STUPID ESARGO! ****EN SNAILS! bahahaha
Quote by bmthdeathcore
yes it is.

btw fish is a FU*king meat, its white meat

so i hope i have been enlightening

Exactly. If white meat isn't meat, then neither is pork or chicken/turkey/poultry in general. Yes pork is classed as white meat.
Quote by bmthdeathcore
yes it is.

btw fish is a FU*king meat, its white meat

so i hope i have been enlightening

All food pyramids and food-related articles I've ever seen state "meat, poultry and fish", as if they were different things.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 9, 2008,
chips...vegetable...chips...vege...ARRRRGRHHHHHHH TOO EARLY!!!!

i didn't realise the pit was so deep and thoughtful. well done everyone

*claps and throws out biscuits*
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
fish is meat!

it is off of a ANIMAL, how is it not meat?

what else is it then, a vegetable?

fish is a TYPE of meat, like pork or something but it IS a meat
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
Quote by sashki
DO YOU TRUST WIKIPEDIA, PUNK?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat

You already posted that. And no i don't trust wikipedia. Its user-edited.

Quote by CowboyUp
Of course it's a vegetable. Why the hell is there a poll?

Because I thought it called for a poll, and it's my thread.
Potatoes are obviously vegetables, but I think it's a little misleading to carry on calling crisps etc. vegetables too. Maybe those thick chips (fries) if they haven't been absolutely drenched in fats, might count.

Quote by sashki

I'm 100% sure fish is meat, it's the tissue of a previously living animal (as opposed to plant). Feel free to prove me wrong on a scientific basis though (not using dietry or lazy vegetarian ideas).

And homemade Ketchup wouldn't ever be classed as vegetable, if only because a tomato is a fruit.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
The term "meat" has animal, vegetable and fungal applications - to wit, the "meat" of a tomato (distinct from the juice and seeds), the "meat" of a mushroom cap (as distinct from spores, gills and stems); and the edible flesh of any animal, as well as its edible organs(both as distinct from the bones, skin, feathers, fur, scales, etc.), are called "meat".

As a generic culinary and butchery term of art, "meat" refers to the muscular flesh of a mammal. This is the definition most commonly applied by governments in meat product regulation and food labeling, and in religious rites and rituals. Edible birds and fish/seafood are not "meat" under this application but are treated separately from mammals. Likewise, amphibians and reptiles, not to mention the "meat" of edible insects, arachnids, and so on.

A quick trip to wikipedia turned up this.
Quote by fretsonfire74
You already posted that. And no i don't trust wikipedia. Its user-edited.

I'm just speaking from personal experience here. There's no reason why fish should not be meat, but it's always referred to as a seperate thing.

I don't like fish, anyway.
Quote by sashki
I'm just speaking from personal experience here. There's no reason why fish should not be meat, but it's always referred to as a seperate thing.

I don't like fish, anyway.

I've never heard it called anything else. And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that its not meat.
Quote by Hoodoo Child

That doesn't mean it's not meat. A lot of vegetarians are doing it for less than pure reasons, so they still want to eat meat, so they try to make some meat "ok" for them to eat. Meat is merely the muscle, organs or tissue of an animal. Seeing as that is what fish it, it's still meat. Vegetarians that eat fish are solely hypocrites. No more, no less.

Potatoes are a starch, not a vegetable, and when you deep fry the nutrients out of whatever food and replace it with fat and oil, it ceases to be a healthy thing and becomes a junk food.

When the asians do it, it's more of a coating, if I'm not mistaken, than an intense frying.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
It's still a vegetable, but it has much less of the vegetably goodness. Potatoes are seen as slightly different, anyway, because they're our starch staple - so they've always been thought of as filler. Which is wrong, becuase potatoes are nearly reaching the godly heights of culinary pleasure that meat reaches.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
actually, potatoes are tubers, not vegetables. so no.

also, they aren't included with vegetables in the whole five a day thing, because they have totally different properties. they're more like rice or pasta or bread - they're carbohydratey.

and anything that is fried to within an inch of its life is no longer a vegetable anyway, imo. it's just oil or batter or both with a bit of what may once have been green and growing in the middle.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Potato is a vegetable.

Chips are made from potatoes and are cooked in vegetable oil.

Therefore chips should be a vegetable too...

Though thats not exactly a case. They're food.
i have given this a lot of thought since this morning and have come to the following conclusions:

1. the question of whether fish counts as meat will never be answered to a satisfactory degree.
2. chips are not 'vegetables' in the sense that all the goodness that comes with a vegetable has been pretty much destroyed.
3. i need to get laid.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Page 1 of 2