So i'm finally getting around to a new guitar project. Just waiting for some money to come in, then i'll start buying...
The body will be either Mahogany or Swamp Ash, with a gloss or matt black finish (havent decided yet) With a white scratchplate.
I'm planning to buy a neck and cut my own headstock, (Not exactly confident on making a neck, maybe something i'll try a bit later)

I'm planning to put in a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge, then probably just a fairly cheap humbucker in the neck (i'll add something a little more expensive once I have the funds. I use my bridge pickups 95% of the time, and money will be an issue.

1) Would either Mahogany or Swamp Ash be better to use? I play mainly Rock, Classic Rock, etc. The grain won't be showing if that matters at all.
2) Would putting a cheap humbucker in the neck affect the tone of the Nailbomb at all?
It's just a drop in the biggest ocean I know I've ever seen
And in a moment it's big enough to drown the whole world...
1) No idea ^^
2) Only if you use both pickups. When you just use the Nailbomb, the cheap one will not affect it
1. Those are 2 popular tonewoods ... can't go wrong there.
2. 95% of the time, it won't ... assuming you use the Bridge PU 95% of the time.

Thoughts:
* Consider a Transparent Black finish if you end up with Ash, specially if it's 1- or 2-piece body.
* The PG shape looks vaguely familiar ... looks one of those funky MIJ ones from the '60s and '70s.
* Have you thought about forum brother CorduroyEW? He makes custom-wound, boutique PUs and he cuts deals with UGers.

Good Luck!

Thanks, I think i've changed my mind, I'll go for a white finish, should I have a white or black scratchplate?
Does anybody know of anywhere I can buy a neck with a blank headstock. The only ones I can find are on wdmusic, but the prices are pretty steep.
It's just a drop in the biggest ocean I know I've ever seen
And in a moment it's big enough to drown the whole world...
^stewmac or ebay's probably you're best bet if you're in the USA

nailbombs woop !
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT