Ok guys I got an amp on the way that is fairly high gain but I want to get an OD to boost it even more. I want this OD to be able to add a decent amount of gain... Any suggestions? So far I have been looking at the Coffin case blood drive.
Dyou wanna tighten your tone up? Cos I'd recommend something like a tubescreamer for that.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
tightening of the tone would be good but I need it to add a good amount of distortion as well.
Quote by stevenexp
tightening of the tone would be good but I need it to add a good amount of distortion as well.

Ah, I'd recommend something along the lines of a Tubescreamer or an OCD.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by macaroni
the bad monkey's pretty good.

The monkey is really good and cheap too
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by macaroni
the bad monkey's pretty good.

+1, amazing for the price.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I'm not looking for cheap I'm looking for the best. That's why the bad monkey is out.
Quote by stevenexp
I'm not looking for cheap I'm looking for the best. That's why the bad monkey is out.

Definitely go for a Tubescreamer then. I've also found Big Muffs to be great for metal lead tones, but it's not really an OD as much as a sustainer/fuzz.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Don't discount the Bad Monkey on price alone........It really is a great pedal...
^+1 to the BM

i use a bad monkey ($45) with my RM50 ($1400) and it really beefs up my gain channel. i can leave my gain channel w/ 2/5 on the gain knob so that it get's hard rock and then use the bad monkey w/ gain at 1 o'clock and level at 2 o'clock and it drives it into saturated metal that easy.

some ODs out there don't have as many EQ knobs to tweak so keep in mind that the Bad Monkey does at least have EQ knobs for Lows and Highs. i can't quite remember which ones out there only have like a level and drive knob!!

hope that was insightful!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
the ibanez Ts9 tubescreamer is always a good one

also i really like the boss MT2 Metal Zone
Umm, what is it, Maxon OD808 or something? I think that's good. What amp is it you're using it with?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
If you have no price limit you might wanna check out the Damage Control pedals
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^ Yeah the Damage Control stuff is pretty intense. Not meaning to hijack the thread but is the bad monkey analog circuitry because I know a lot of Digitechs stuff is all digital (hence the name).
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
^ Yeah the Damage Control stuff is pretty intense. Not meaning to hijack the thread but is the bad monkey analog circuitry because I know a lot of Digitechs stuff is all digital (hence the name).

Yea it's analog.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Maxon OD-9.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Bloody Murder or Maxon 808
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Don't wanna sound like a noob, but how exactly does the OD pedal help? It tightens and compresses the tone for a nicer lead tone or something? Im looking at a high-gain amp, but apparently when you wanna hit a lead-line you can stamp on the OD to "cut through" the rest of the band? Or does that not make any sense...?
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.