My little brother just got a Squier Affinity Series Precision Bass and a Fender Rumble 15.

I have three Boss guitar effects pedals, an OD-3 Overdrive, a MD-2 Mega Distortion and a CH-1 Super Chorus.

Can he use my effects pedals in his P-Bass through his Rumble 15?
Is it safe?
Will the bass output signal damage the pedals, or will the pedals output damage the Rumble 15 speaker?

Thank you for your help!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
No it's fine, the only thing is that there will be a loss of low end and the effect may not work as well on the lower notes either as those pedals are designed for guitar frequencies, not bass frequencies.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah, Indie hit the nail on the head!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Thank you very much for your help!

You can close the thread, now!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Can I do it? Pleeeeeease

Tell me your password bitch

Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Screenshot, paste into Paint, save, upload to something like photobucket then link.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'd be kind of careful with guitar pedals. In general, you should be fine, but...

This past summer, I was playing with two guitarists. We were done, and I hooked up my friends Jekyll and Hyde pedal up to my old Ibanez SRX300, to see what it'd sound like. I played for about five minutes, and then the signal just cut out. My friend hooked his guitar up to the pedal and didn't get anything out of it either.

We were kind of worried... and I think we ultimately fixed it by removing and re-inserting the battery. We did manage to "repair" it though. I'm not quite sure what went wrong there.

However, the pedal also started smoking this past week while my friend was using it, so that could explain something. I'd imagine any pedal that just starts smoking out of nowhere isn't very reliable.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON