well i made it to a magnet high school and my mom says i deserve a reward
so which guitar shuld i get, i play alotta metal, alternative, hard rock , some blues

mim fender fat strat

eipiphone les paul standard

epiphone les paul goth studio

epiphone g-400
epiphone g-400 i would say the Les Paul but the neck i found was a bit thick. what amp u use?
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
I'd say go with the Strat. It's incredibly versatile.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
What do you mean weak?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by thisismyacc
is it true people say strats are kind of weak?

That's why they made the fat strat with a humbucker so you can get real rock n' roll tones out of it and you still have the other 2 coils for traditional strat tone. I really want a fat strat but I got a les paul a while ago so gotta save.
Strat.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Choose the G-400, it's amazing for the metal and the rock and also is pretty good for blues
Try them all buy the one you like, people really can't tell you what guitar is best for you, how a guitar feels and sounds is a personal thing, don't restrict yourself to the ones listed either, there are Schecters and Ibanez's well within your price range.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
strat=best rock n' roll machine ever xD
SG is great for rock n' roll too...
personaly I don't play metal but I think strat isn't the best choice...
for metal...idk...Les paul or SG of these...Les paul is a lot heavier than the SG but has warmer tone...
personaly I would go with the strat with humbucking in bridge...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
All guitars are good for every type of music. Get one of the Epiphone Les Pauls. That what I have and it sounds perfect with metal.
Quote by Kozlic
personaly I would go with the strat with humbucking in bridge...

That's the fat strat.

I saw the current version of Thin Lizzy in concert recently and Scott Gorham (original guitarist) was using a fat strat and it sounded sexual. They really made themselves sound like metal with tonnes of distortion. So if you've got a high gain amp the Fat Strat will do the job and there is no doubt it will give you blues.

I've never heard an SG doing blues and a les paul isn't versatile enough
you cant play guitar nor do you have one yet you can play all the genres you know? thats a little confusing...
i assume you mean you WANT TO play those, go fot a mexican strat or epiphone and a tube combo...
but if you knew how to play id tell you to go to the store and try everything in the store and then choose.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Icarus Lives
That's the fat strat.

I saw the current version of Thin Lizzy in concert recently and Scott Gorham (original guitarist) was using a fat strat and it sounded sexual. They really made themselves sound like metal with tonnes of distortion. So if you've got a high gain amp the Fat Strat will do the job and there is no doubt it will give you blues.

I've never heard an SG doing blues and a les paul isn't versatile enough

my L6s can do blues and the '77-'78s were stripped down and only had les paul hardware in them and, BABY, she can sing the blues!( again made from same stuff as an LP.....)
so yah, its a little thicker and if you like a overdriven texasy sound they work real nice, and handle the blues i personally just scooped my highs and lows to 0 and use full mids for my rythm tones and its nice...
my leads have a touch of highs and a few lows(think brian may but less treble)

anyway enough rambling you get my idea...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
thisismyacc, how come you need help choosing, I've just checked your post history and today you have advised someone to get an Epiphone Explorer, if you have enough knowledge to advise other people then surely you should know what will suit you.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by thisismyacc
no 1 is posting -.-

Jesus, give us more than 3 minutes.

Anyways, get whatever you like.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by petrina_678
FAT STRAT FAT STRAT FAT STRAT

and to andy ... he may just want a second opinion ...

Yeah but you can't tell someone what guitar to buy, it's a very personal thing.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Jesus, give us more than 3 minutes.

Anyways, get whatever you like.

Yeah I noticed that as well, bumping a thread after 3 mins must be some sort of record.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
true, but its always nice to hear what others think and take that into consideration as well
Quote by Andy Jarvis
thisismyacc, how come you need help choosing, I've just checked your post history and today you have advised someone to get an Epiphone Explorer, if you have enough knowledge to advise other people then surely you should know what will suit you.

ive tried the explorer b4 lol
thier all ok see wich one u like the most. i would suggest going for a schecter tho, just a suggestion
Quote by thisismyacc
ive tried the explorer b4 lol

Yeah, sorry I meant no offence, I just firmly believe that buying a guitar is a personal thing especially if you have some playing experience, there is nothing wrong with any of the guitars you list but please don't ignore Schecters, made in China they may be but IMHO they are better built, finished and have better hardware than the Epiphones.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)