Thats a bad idea if your staying on the campus. But put them in the car your taking. Thats if you drive. If your flying then I wouldn't think about even taking them.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
That's why we all play guitar...l

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Well, if you live in a dorm then it is most likely not large enough to hold a drumset, unless you do some furniture rearranging (lofting your bed and maybe your roommate's or something like that, which I personally wouldn't like anyway).
-
If you live in an apartment, then I would make sure it's okay with all your roommates, keep it in your bedroom and not the common area, only play at reasonable hours of the day, and be respectful of your neighbors- if they ask you to stop because they're studying for that big midterm that's coming up, then stop.
Hm if your room mates don't want you to bring your drumset in, buy yourself a nice set of stainless steel pots and go to town on them. Eventually they will reconsider drums.
Quote by domino_92
I think hardcore2step has the right idea

Quote by civildp1
Yeah but God won't touch my penis. So it's like, what choice do I have but to turn to women?
+1 to electric drumset
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
I would just keep them where they are now, and if you ever start a band, go grab them.

But i would be impressed if you actually had it in your dorm.
Drummer in my band bought an electric kit just for when we all head off 2 uni in sept!
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Electronic is the way to go. Rolland has this pretty sweet compact one. Its really nice, I've played it.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
Quote by Craigo
Anyone who has said go electric is an inexperienced tool.

Or someone who realizes bringing an acoustic drum set to college is not feasible. Size issues and noise issues.
Quote by Craigo
Anyone who has said go electric is an inexperienced tool.

Ya, we are tools for trying to help him with his problem and giving him the smartest, most logical answer for his situation.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
Quote by Jaymz2K
......Van?

...... Or truck?
My reflection
Dirty mirror
There's no connection
To myself
I'm your lover
I'm your zero
Im the face in your dreams of glass
my buddy has the exact same problem, you have 3 choices if you are living in a residence or in a house with roommates you don't know.

i:practice pads/practice set
ii:electronic set
iii:none

me and my friend spent hours trying to figure a way around it, we plead with the music department to let us play their drums and they wouldn't, we looked for storage space and there was none so he ended up getting a practice set.