To those whose interested:

This will be a contest of 15 contestants. You can play it anyway you like, as long as we could recognize the song. I'm gonna need 4 judges (myself makes 5) and the contest deadline will be March 31. Good luck, and let me know the song that ur gonna play.

John Mayer Cover Contest

Contestants:

Love to be a judge. Huge mayer fan and love cover versions. let me know.
Get on top of my coffin woman.
Quote by zaffie8808
Ill do belief, but do we make a video of it?

As long as I'll be able to hear it, anything goes.
So we have our first contestant & Judge:

Contestants:

zaffie8808

Judges:

Left_Behind
Ill Do it im a Major mayer fan, i would love to participate, Ill do slow dancing in a burning room
Last edited by Blues_MTA at Mar 10, 2008,
Damn, I wanted to do slow dancing, I guess I could do Your Body is Wonderland, unless we're allowing doubles
nooooooooooooo... i wanted to do slow dancing in a burning room. i'm not a big mayer fan, myself.. but i LOVE that song. haha.

maybe we should make it a "slow dancing in a burning room" cover contest. haha.
lol If someone really wants to do it, ill find another one i suck anyways lol, so you two can decide monsgst yourselves, ill just do a different one : )
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
I'll do waiting on the world to change. I don't really like John Mayer but my sister does so i guess ill kill two birds with one stone and make a song she likes while at the same timeparticipate in a contest

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by CroneR
I'll do waiting on the world to change. I don't really like John Mayer but my sister does so i guess ill kill two birds with one stone and make a song she likes while at the same timeparticipate in a contest

Hey i want to change mine to waiting on the world to change. Could you do Belief?
is it limited to one person, Im gonna try to get my recording done tommorow, I'll do somehting else if you guys are gonna do it, but if we're allowed to do the same I'm gonna do SDIABR
Waiting on the world to change - Croner

in my profile.

Quote by zaffie8808
Hey i want to change mine to waiting on the world to change. Could you do Belief?

I already did mine. If duplicates are allowed idc if you do it also, i dont think ill win anyways lol.

-----------

I was going to do it witha backing track, but I couldn't find one without the guitar parts already so i decided to try it a different way. (kind of made my own lyrics also )

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by nmelluzzo
Damn, I wanted to do slow dancing, I guess I could do Your Body is Wonderland, unless we're allowing doubles

That is fine. Doubles are allowed.
Quote by nmelluzzo
is it limited to one person, Im gonna try to get my recording done tommorow, I'll do somehting else if you guys are gonna do it, but if we're allowed to do the same I'm gonna do SDIABR

More than one person can help with the recording, as long as they are mentioned in the contest.
I will do Gravity.
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
If doubles are allowed, then i'll do waiting on the world to change...i think
I should have mine by friday (i hope).
I'll let you know otherwise
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Ill do No Such Thing, or 83 i should have it upladed tonight
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
Ok guys, here's the updated contestants list:

Contestants:

1. zaffie8808- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
2. Blues MTA- No Such Thing/83
3. nmelluzzo- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
4. Croner- Waiting On The World To Change
5. random_idiot144: Gravity
6. kool98769- Waiting On The World To Change
7. theneildeal- Stop This Train

Judges:

Left_Behind
Halcyon91
Girl-tarist
JMTrio134

This contest ends Tues, Apr. 1st....Thanks for participating.
Last edited by tbc4491 at Apr 24, 2008,
Well, unless there are more people who sign up as judges, I'm going to have to declare this contest dead.
Quote by tbc4491
Ok guys, here's the updated contestants list:

Contestants:

1. zaffie8808- Belief
2. Blues MTA- No Such Thing/83
3. nmelluzzo- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
4. Croner- Waiting On The World To Change
5. random_idiot144: Gravity
6. kool98769- Waiting On The World To Change

Judges: (WE STILL NEED MORE!!!!!)

Left_Behind

If You are still undecided on your song, please let us know. Thanks for participating.

switch mine to slow dancing in a burning room!
can i sign up? ill do stop this train. its in my profile
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by nightraven
fwoah, i would've wanted to do slow dancing

You can still do it. Doubles are allowed.
I want to do No Such Thing

nevermind, it's taken. I guess I will do Why Georgia.
Quote by girl-tarist
i think that everyone should do the same son... so its easier to judge! LOL.
No, that would be boring and not fun at all.
Ok, the contest is over now. Judges, here's how we judge the songs: basically, after you listen to them, rate the top 3. 1st place recieves 5 points, 2nd place 3 points, and 3rd place 1 point. The person with the most points wins the contest.
Quote by tbc4491
Ok, the contest is over now. Judges, here's how we judge the songs: basically, after you listen to them, rate the top 3. 1st place recieves 5 points, 2nd place 3 points, and 3rd place 1 point. The person with the most points wins the contest.

I can only find two people's songs.
Get everyone to post a link to there song, and put it on the first post. My song is in my profile
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
hey guys?

still going or not? i'm keen on Vultures, or like....some other song. maybe like City Love or 83

THIS IS AWESOME COMP! Too bad we can't find time to do this properly. Stupid life!
Waiting On The World To Change wah kicks ass, solo is mad funky too!! Proper cover! Not note for note youtube garbage.