Are they actually good? Everytime i watch a Epi Les Paul review there are some negative comments. I know it's a Gibson rip off, but it is at least good?

Those who have it, are they heavy or medium? Do they stay in tune?
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
Are they actually good? Everytime i watch a Epi Les Paul review there are some negative comments. I know it's a Gibson rip off, but it is at least good?

Those who have it, are they heavy or medium? Do they stay in tune?

I love my epi les! I prefer is to sg's and any fender guitar
They are nice, depending on the model.

I myself wouldn't go lower than the Epi Les Paul Custom and Custom Plus, but the Standards are nice. But really, don't buy anything lower than that. Their Elitist models rival Gibson Classic and Standard Les Pauls, and are made with excellent quality and parts. There is a write-up between the Elitist and regular Les Pauls on here somewhere. If they don't stay in tune, you can always buy a Bone or Graphite nut, place it in, and buy Gibson tuning keys, but those are already on the Elitist models anyways.
High as tits
I would say get an elitist if you were gonna get an epi lp. they are very good. the only thing I saw in difference between that and a gibson was the headstock.
tnx how is the weight? I got used to my razorback (that i broke , stupid me), and it is REALLLY lighttt.
Well I don't have a Les Paul but my Epiphone SG is brilliant, only £200 aswell
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
i have an epi LP standard, and it's awesome.

the key is to TRY THE GUITAR FIRST. if you buy a dud, it will sound like a dud. Rest assured, there are good epi LP's out there.

but swap out the pickups for high-end ones if you want really good tone
Last edited by frigginjerk at Mar 9, 2008,
I have a Standard. Although I really loved it at the time [and still do to a certain extent] I've started finding faults with it.

The stock pick-ups are pretty dire. They have no balls with distortion , and the cleans sound really flabby and just not very nice.

I'm sure you'd be able to get some good sounds if you went with an Elitist though.

I'm looking to get rid of mine in favour of a telecaster because it's just not to my taste anymore.

They're not heavy either, unless you're a complete and utter weed.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

i have an epi lp standard and its awesome. its rather heavey, but play mostly sitting down so i dont care. the sound is ok, the bridge pickup could use replacing (which i did), the neck pick up is actually pretty nice. i get a perfect sweet child of mine and acoustic sounds out of it. for the price, u really cant beat it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
well first off, an epiphone lp isnt a rip-off of the gibson lp, because gibson owns epiphone. Anyways, my epiphone lp 100 works great and is a great quality guitar for 350$.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
tnx how is the weight? I got used to my razorback (that i broke , stupid me), and it is REALLLY lighttt.

Theyre heavy enough, but nothing too extreme (just got to a guitar shop and hold one)
I wouldn't know the difference but I prefer Gibson over Epiphone because of their status.
I personally don't like the shape of Les Pauls but they sounds great!
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
the epiphone les apul custon is pretty heavy, but has a very full sound which sounds great clean. i got a gibson les paul studio for 638 used with a case, when the price of a epiehone les paul custom was about the same preice with no case. i'd look for a deal like that.
I have a epi les paul special 2. it's allright, i mean i've played much better guitars, but for $150 the quality is pretty amazing. i think u get more for ur dollar with epis, so if ur on a budget, then buy the epi les paul.
a friend of mine had a re epi les paul. didn't sound to good. it lasts a long time but the sound sounded kinda fake...you know?
Hey,

I was a great fan of Epiphone/gibson LP's too untill I discovered the Ibanez Arc 300, Its quiet the same as the Epiphone LP with the looks, But the Ibanez has some better humbuckers, a comfortable neck (Imo cause the LP is a bit sticky) and its a bit cheaper, but youll get more for the money! It isnt a heavy guitar either, actually its really light! So you can check that one out too! I fell in love with it from the moment I touched it, but though, it doesnt beat a Gibson LP Black beauty, but its comparable with a gibson!
I own an Epi LP Custom, and personally I think it's awesome. I've heard that the Epi LP custom measures up to the Gibson LP Studio, but I've not played a Gibson, so can't say for sure.
Quote by Kidfadetoblack

iv got an epiphone les paul custom its quite heavy but its a gd guitar
Epiphone is owned, and authorized by Gibson. The only real difference in Epiphone and Gibson from the standard model and up is around 2000 dollars.
well i have an epiphone LP 56' standard reissue and i think its brilliant, i wouldn't really use it for stuff like metal but it suits most other things. its got a great sound quality and shouldn't really go out of tune often. you could get a good one for maybe €400 roughly
Mine stays in tune very well, it's Grover tuners on it, think all Epi Standards has that. And yeah, it's heavy but I like it because of that, I hate light guitars. But it's nothing you can't deal with, after some time playing it, you will not even notice it's weight.
Gibson Les Paul Classic Honeyburst:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Honeyburst:

Both have nice finishes, and if you do a pup swap, they will sound almost exactly identical. Maybe get some new wiring and tone pots, and pick one with a nice neck.
High as tits
Last edited by Suicidal_Brick at Mar 10, 2008,
^That second one isn't a Classic as it doesn't have the open coil pick-ups. It won't sound exactly the same with a pick-up change either, but I guess you could get fairly close-ish.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
^That second one isn't a Classic as it doesn't have the open coil pick-ups. It won't sound exactly the same with a pick-up change either, but I guess you could get fairly close-ish.

Yes you're right, I accidentally mislabeled it since I copied and pasted and changed the Gibson to Epiphone, woops .

But yes, the color looks a little bit better on the Gibson, but the Standard Plus still has a nice finish to it . And yeah, as I said they will sound almost the same with a pup-swap, which is why I think paying so much for a new Gibby is insane. Buying one used is usually a great deal though, you can find late 90's or early 00's Standards for around $1600-$1800.
High as tits
Decent guitars, but there are better guitars for less money out there if you look.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.