Hey,
I am at a current crossroads yet again what to do with my cash.
First off, I have always wanted a Weber MASS attenuator for my peavey classic 50 for recording and getting some natural overdrive at small gigs. These will run me about 250 bucks USD once you factor in shipping and cables.
But, I have a choice of getting a now discontinued amp (a JMF Spectra) for 310 dollars from another UG member. It's 120 watts of tube (american voiced) with only a clean channel, and apparantly it has huge amounts of clean headroom.

So, here are my options:

A) I buy the Weber MASS first, and if the amp is still on the market after I've saved up again, I buy that.

B) I buy the amp first, and wait for the Weber MASS III to come out (has a tone stack in the attenuator circuit), or just go for a standard MASS.

C) Buy something else.

Opinions?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
B Thats what i'd do at least....
Then you'll have two good cleans, and the Mass will be better once you get it (the upgraded version) but you can use it on one amp and have a godly overdrive and a godly clean on t'other amp
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I guess. I just hope that the mass III comes out soon. That's what I was leaning toward too. Because, the amp won't be there forever, and the attenuators probably will be.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Put it like this
Great cheap rare amp that won't be around forever
Or
The attenuator which will always be available to you
ohai little sig.
Get the amp, the weber's will always be there and hopefully by the time you have the money the III will be out.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
All right. Thanks.
I'll go with the amp first then.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hey, I think I know how to access the OD channel on that spectra. There is a proprietary FS jack that just needs to have some pins shorted to switch...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Hey, I think I know how to access the OD channel on that spectra. There is a proprietary FS jack that just needs to have some pins shorted to switch...

O'RLY? I know that it has an overdrive channel, but the guy doesn't have the footswitch. I was going to use this amp for cleans anyways (i'll be using my peavey classic for dirty tones) even if it could switch. But, it'd be cool if it could switch.
Know how i'd go about shorting them?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
O'RLY? I know that it has an overdrive channel, but the guy doesn't have the footswitch. I was going to use this amp for cleans anyways (i'll be using my peavey classic for dirty tones) even if it could switch. But, it'd be cool if it could switch.
Know how i'd go about shorting them?

YA RLY! I would need to see a picture of the footswitch jack to properly tell you what to do. But I assume that it is just tip to ground shorting...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.