I'm looking to get a new amp.
I play EVERYTHING, if i can play it i do.
a lot of blues,punk,grunge,classic,beatles,and old metal.
my guitars are an american deluxe strat,a mim strat with a single ceramic hum in the bridge,an ibanez rg370,and a squier affinity.my amp now is a fender blues deluxe reissue and some low end starter stuff.i haven't played the supersonic yet but it suppsoed to go from vibrolux and bassman to hi gain dual rec type stuff. should i drive 3 hours to go try it out???
does anyone have experience with it???
Member #30 of the Fender Armada

60th anniversery American strat
Ibanez RG 370
MIM strat with ceramic humbucker in bridge
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
I've never tried one, but I've heard that have great OD for a fender, yet still have that great fender clean channel. Hell, I wanna try one now.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Try it out. It does get quite grainy with the gain. The only thing is that it isn't voiced well for the heavier stuff. It kind of gets over-saturated too if you go crazy with the gain. The cleans are great. You can choose between the Vibrolux and the Bassman. They didn't sound that close to them but I didn't get the chance to crank it so...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
is the super sonic good for Led Zeppelin style material (including LZ songs)?

what would be the best amp to get for a Zeppelin sound?
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by chillrock
is the super sonic good for Led Zeppelin style material (including LZ songs)?

what would be the best amp to get for a Zeppelin sound?

Make your own thread. You hijacker.

The Super-Sonic can do Zeppelin alright, but there are amps that do it better. Generally go for British voiced amplifiers like Marshall and Orange. If you're on a budget, check out the Traynor YCV series or the Crate Palomino series.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i thought that because someone was asking what the super sonic was like, i would ask as well but be more specific, which may have actually helped the person who started this thread. he/she is certainly no worse off.....

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
zepp??? a marshall 1959hw.

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
lol

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
Quote by Drewlynch15
I'm looking to get a new amp.
I play EVERYTHING, if i can play it i do.
a lot of blues,punk,grunge,classic,beatles,and old metal.
my guitars are an american deluxe strat,a mim strat with a single ceramic hum in the bridge,an ibanez rg370,and a squier affinity.my amp now is a fender blues deluxe reissue and some low end starter stuff.i haven't played the supersonic yet but it suppsoed to go from vibrolux and bassman to hi gain dual rec type stuff. should i drive 3 hours to go try it out???
does anyone have experience with it???

i love you man, you've just proclaimed the beatles as their own genre.

i hear the supersonic is good though, go to a music store and try one out to see if its what you need though, i've heard its pretty good clean, and does alright on OD.
I breathe air.
i also thought about a dsl combo,but all those fender classics rolled into one amp,plus a hi gain channel sounds like a line six worth a damn.lol
anyone used a cyber twin??? not that i'm looking, jus wondering.

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
I didn't really like the cybertwin. It's just a big ole hybrid amp with two 12ax7s. It just seems like a huge waste to me.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Try it out. It does get quite grainy with the gain. The only thing is that it isn't voiced well for the heavier stuff. It kind of gets over-saturated too if you go crazy with the gain. The cleans are great. You can choose between the Vibrolux and the Bassman. They didn't sound that close to them but I didn't get the chance to crank it so...

right on the spot
i dont know about that amp he right about the vibro and bassman thing
and the gain
i dont know if this is stupid or not but what im ganna do is just buy a Vibrolux and a metal muff its amazing completely transfroms the amp and leaves a great clean just by pressing bypass the metal muff DS is bettor than the one on the Fender Supersonics and the cleans on the vibrolux are bettor so in combining a pedal and an old classic amp you get the best of both worlds
Last edited by purple tiger at Mar 9, 2008,
wouldnt that cost like a million bucks? an original 1959 Marshall? i was looking for an amp sporting a sensible price tag, and one i may even stand a chance of getting my hands on.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
What do you want from me??? led zepp=very expensive marshall(and an over dramatic afeminite lead singer with a questionable sexual orientation).

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
Quote by chillrock
wouldnt that cost like a million bucks? an original 1959 Marshall? i was looking for an amp sporting a sensible price tag, and one i may even stand a chance of getting my hands on.

I've heard that traynor's have the classic marshall crunch in spades. I probably check those out.
Quote by Drewlynch15
What do you want from me??? led zepp=very expensive marshall(and an over dramatic afeminite lead singer with a questionable sexual orientation).

That has banged more girls than all of UG put together.

Anyways, a used Mesa Mark IV would do ANYTHING you want. It would do pretty much everything better that the fender except cleans although the Mesa's cleans are sexy as well.
It's AMAZING

I play blues, and satch stuff

The overdrive, when cranked over 5 is so nice! I have these settings on with my tubescreamer as a boost, its an amazing lead tone:

gain1- 6
gain2- 9
bass- 6
mid-7
treb-10

This amp has great tone

The clean channels are good, especially the bassman, with a od pedal like a tubescreamer in front of it, you got your perfect blues tone, add more gain, punk, etc.

Im sure with a very heavy distortion pedal it could do metal

BEWARE, dont let 1 speaker, 60 watts fool you

This is LOUD!!

Louder than my friends Twin Reverb when cranked

All and all, a VERY versatile amp from fender, the best fender amp to date!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
aww.did i upset the fanboy??? i'm sorry. forgot y'all can't take a joke.

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
I doubt the mark VI's cleans are as good as fender cleans

With the gain up all the way, cranked you can get a very Rectifierish saturated tone
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
I doubt the mark VI's cleans are as good as fender cleans

With the gain up all the way, cranked you can get a very Rectifierish saturated tone

Dude, the Super-Sonic sounds nothing like a Rectifier. It may have the same amount of gain as one but the voicings are way off.

Quote by Teh GIR
It's AMAZING

I play blues, and satch stuff

The overdrive, when cranked over 5 is so nice! I have these settings on with my tubescreamer as a boost, its an amazing lead tone:

gain1- 6
gain2- 9
bass- 6
mid-7
treb-10

This amp has great tone

The clean channels are good, especially the bassman, with a od pedal like a tubescreamer in front of it, you got your perfect blues tone, add more gain, punk, etc.

Im sure with a very heavy distortion pedal it could do metal

BEWARE, dont let 1 speaker, 60 watts fool you

This is LOUD!!

Louder than my friends Twin Reverb when cranked

All and all, a VERY versatile amp from fender, the best fender amp to date!

I have a hard time believing that because the Fender Twin is one of the LOUDEST amps I've ever played.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I have a hard time believing that because the Fender Twin is one of the LOUDEST amps I've ever played.

Vintage 30's are very loud speakers. But still, a Twin should be louder.
Quote by mr_hankey
Vintage 30's are very loud speakers. But still, a Twin should be louder.

Well the only way I see the Super-Sonic being louder is if the Twin in question is a '57 Reissue Twin. The 40 watt one.

Even then, the volume difference would hardly be noticable.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i love these amps to death. im in the process of getting one, some lucky fcuk just outbid me, thankyou whoever you are, and got a nice black combo.

everything about this amp is great, the combos got good reverb and tone to die for, best fender amp ive heard. just BUY ONE
i didn't think the overdrive channel was anything to write home about.

the main selling point of the supersonic, if you ask me, is if you need an amp with both tweed and blackface style cleans- or sparkly and warm at the same time. the overdrive channel was alright for not too heavy stuff, but anyone who thinks it holds a candle to a recto, engl, bogner or other quality high-gain tube amp is either on crack or else doesn't actually play with high gain all that much and can't recognise a good high gain tone (much like people who play blues say metallers wouldn't know a good blues tone if it hit them in the face). in my opinion.

For what you want, unless having nice cleans is your primary onjective (and it doesn't seem to be, based on what you've written), i'd look elsewhere. it's still a fender, and nomatter what they say, if you ask me their modus operandi (i.e. nice cleans at the expense of other tones) hasn't changed much, if at all.

are you getting rid of your blues deluxe? if you aren't, your clean channel is already sorted.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No,i would never sell any of my gear. i just want a hi gain combo from around a grand give or take a couple hundred.maybe a xxx???

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
thing is, considering you already have an amp with really good cleans (better than you'll get on pretty much any high gain, unless you go to extreme prices, and even then there's a good chance the fender will edge it), you can pretty much ignore cleans in the amp you're looking at. Get an A/B box or something.

what's your rough budget? (sorry if i missed it)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
this amp should be fine (especially with a ts9 or something like that ) i played on at gc and really liked it
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
you can always get that marshall distortion pedal that gives your the marshall sound

^for the not threat starter

i say go up and test it out, what do youhave to lose?

^thread starter

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Dave_Mc
thing is, considering you already have an amp with really good cleans (better than you'll get on pretty much any high gain, unless you go to extreme prices, and even then there's a good chance the fender will edge it), you can pretty much ignore cleans in the amp you're looking at. Get an A/B box or something.

what's your rough budget? (sorry if i missed it)
honestly price isn't an issue. maybe 1000-2000, i don't want to spend an insane amount.but i've been playing with some metalers and want something that can get close to mastodon out of the box.

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/VHT-Deliverance-60-Guitar-Head-Amp?sku=484031

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Soldano-Avenger-Amplifier-Head?sku=489140

not too sure about mastodon (don't listen to them), but those are two badass amps, only they don't really have clean channels. would seem perfect for what you want. probably other options too, of course. splawn competition or something like that might be worth a look too, but i haven't tried it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
bump

Ibanez RG 370
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847