I am a huge fan of Jefferson Airplane.

They use a gentle, bright, type of distortion. Listen to the song "Volunters" or "The Ballad of You and Me and Pooniel", you'll see what I mean.

What distortion, overdrive, or fuzz could cover the song "Volunteers" the best?
The kind of overdrive you get out of a tube amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
well, yes I know they used tube back then.

But I mean, like...

was it a Fender '59 Bassman, '65 Twin, an early Marshall Plexi of some kind, a Vox, what would work best?
Quote by neptune1988
well, yes I know they used tube back then.

Yeah, no one uses tubes now, they're outdated.
Quote by -Collapse-

Yeah, no one uses tubes now, they're outdated.

well sir i dont think you do
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
what I meant was that back then hardly noone used SS. Everyone used tube back then. I thought it was understood that most people STILL use tubes.
Quote by Otsugua713
well sir i dont think you do

*Sigh* I'll have one soon
Just because I own a solid state doesn't mean you have to bash me out whenever it comes to a tube conversation.
I don't like solid state tone, and you don't have to be a presumptuous **** and decide that I must be completely out of the loop.
Just because I can't afford, doesn't mean I don't have taste or knowledge.
Quote by -Collapse-
*Sigh* I'll have one soon
Just because I own a solid state doesn't mean you have to bash me out whenever it comes to a tube conversation.
I don't like solid state tone, and you don't have to be a presumptuous **** and decide that I must be completely out of the loop.
Just because I can't afford, doesn't mean I don't have taste or knowledge.

oh i know and i apologize if i offended you...you just sounded like an ass saying that to the thread starter
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713
oh i know and i apologize if i offended you...you just sounded like an ass saying that to the thread starter

Sorry, I had a rough night last night, so I'm all on edge.

I just thought it sounded funny that he was looking for a solid state pedal, then next reply was about using tubes, and then he responded in a way that sounded like tubes were old news.
Quote by Otsugua713

Che Guevara, you my only friend.

oh, collapse, sorry I didn't see your last post.

Anyways, I found an amp with great cleans, but the dirty chanel is sucks. I'm not gonna say what kind 'cause everyone on here except collapse will flame me for using SS.

Anyway, what's a good pedal for Jefferson Airplane distortion/overdrive/fuzz?
Last edited by neptune1988 at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by neptune1988
what I meant was that back then hardly noone used SS.

Two in a row, eh?

Either a buy a small tube amp or buy something that sounds like a cranked tube amp. Fulltone OCD? I've heard good things of the English Muff'n and the Germanium OD, although I've yet to try both.